martack with ARB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

euclid

SILVER Star
Threads
I am pretty sure there is no reason for the C-Clip or a Martack when using an ARB.

This post confirms it

Just double checking. The ARB will keep the inner from sliding in. Any reason I need the clip?

Man Jerk said:
I installed the clips. I didn't see a reason not to install them. Could be I didn't need to, but they won't hurt. :)

They are pretty darn easy to install.

the inner cv clips? they're a bitch

push the inner axle into the housing as far as it will go...if the sealing surface of the inner remains in contact with that seal, then no Martack is required...

I martacked when I installed sixty's heat treated Longfields about 3-4 years ago.

My left front went from weepy to pukey right after katemcy. I assumed that was because I didn't unlock my hubs to run from camp to the rocks and back, plus it was just time.

I just checked the depth of my inners with the martack and the ARB. It seems ok, according to above posts.

I've started doubting myself. How can you know if the inner is pushing in too far?

push the inner axle into the housing as far as it will go...if the sealing surface of the inner remains in contact with that seal, then no Martack is required...

So, too far would be if the splines on the outside of the inner shaft get to the inner axle seal?

How can you know if the inner is pushing in too far?

there is about 3/4" of seal surface area on the inners, if the shaft goes too far in that raised surface will be in past the seal.. I would tack/clip them if they are..

I have no Tack or clips on mine with a lock right.. makes it easy if i ever break an inner (Still Stock)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom