Seeking Experience with Front Range Fab / Diamond Axles (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would run built 80 series axles without hesitation. (Full floater rear). They come for sale on the forum here from time to time and also locally when folks decide to upgrade to one tons.

A big component of not breaking things is having the suspension properly setup so you can rely on articulation and traction instead of momentum to get up/over obstacles. Low trans/tcase gearing also helps with controlling your approach to obstacles.
Thanks for that info. as well! I do have a local guy selling a set of FZJ80 axles with ARB lockers asking $2,300. I was thinking that route to start, but then got caught up with Diamond.

Thanks for that info. as well! I do have a local guy selling a set of FZJ80 axles with ARB lockers asking $2,300. I was thinking that route to start, but then got caught up with Diamond.
That seems like a VERY good deal on the surface.

Take those 80 axles, get RCV shafts, hellfire knuckles, The thirds may be good to go or you may want to re gear, if you dont do that send them out to Marlin or Georg, still 10's of thousands ahead.

That seems like a VERY good deal on the surface.
I’d jump on that deal.
Take those 80 axles, get RCV shafts, hellfire knuckles, The thirds may be good to go or you may want to re gear, if you dont do that send them out to Marlin or Georg, still 10's of thousands ahead.
Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice. I like the price a whole lot more, lol. I'll look into going that route.

Just out of curiosity, why the Hellfires over the Front Range Fabs? Based on my rough communication with them (reason for this post), I'm happy to support someone else, but just curious.
Thanks.

You could also do late model 70 series axles if you didn’t want the tires to stick out a bunch. They’re essentially 40-width 80 axles

You most likely don’t need high steer or chromo anything for your goals.

Based on reviews I found and the lack of communication from FR I went with a RoughStuff housing and built what I need to fit my application, set ur caster, pinion angle, link placement, etc., as every build has its on unique variables at aren't allow clear until u have it sitting under ur rig. Prefer the 3rd member drop out over a Dana so one can set gears on the bench. Has Ford Dana 60 outers, larger Dodge brakes, 8 lug. Why would i buy from a company that doesn't have time to answer the phone or emails, when there's an issue they aren't going to suddenly start answering the phone and emails. The people at RS allow answer the phone and help explain things when I had noob questions.Ended up have an issue with my housing and they fixed the issue quickly and on their dime, had to make a new housing and mod the other (have 10.5 front and rear), they paid all the shipping etc.

20221123_1614377.jpg

Last edited:
You could also do late model 70 series axles if you didn’t want the tires to stick out a bunch. They’re essentially 40-width 80 axles

You most likely don’t need high steer or chromo anything for your goals.
Okay, thanks. Any issues with narrowing 80 axles? I was planning on going 3" wider front and rear. Thought was to gain a bit more wide stance stability without tires sticking way out.

The benefit of a 80 axle is the width mainly, but also rear full floater, and larger knuckle balls. The downside is the 80 series front differential is small. You could convert your stock rear axle to be full floater with disc brakes which would give you 3" extra width. Your stock front axle you could weld on axle spacers and 80 series knuckle balls. Another option is to put a ford 9" in the rear with disc brakes. The Ford 9" is light and infinitely upgradeable.

I bought keyed steering arms from front range offroad, a few days after they arrived they sent me an email saying they had forgotten to include the allen bolts for the lower caps. They mailed them that day. The arms fit awesome and i would say are very well made. I have always found them quick to respond to emails.

No experience with the diamond axle product, but i am happy with the service from front range.

Run away, far away!
Lots of selling up front, I needed a narrow Toyota rear axle. Simple. Nothing special at all. Told on call, 6 weeks.

4 months later, I had to find owner via FB, ask questions, and then still 3 weeks after promising to ship nothing. Finally it randomly shows up.

The worst service ever and lots of “promises” even after paid in full.

Stay far away from Diamond.

Strange i can get ahold of Brian pretty much anytime , even after hours . always receive products in a timely manor . I pay full price for my products so if i get poor service i am the first to say it .

Well, I made my decision and went with Rock & Road Performance out of Loomis, CA. They are next to Ruff Stuff and are building a set of axles with Ruff Stuff housings. They are very responsive so far and extremely helpful. To many questionable experiences and my own limited experience with Diamond to take the chance. Thanks for all the feedback!

Well, I made my decision and went with Rock & Road Performance out of Loomis, CA. They are next to Ruff Stuff and are building a set of axles with Ruff Stuff housings. They are very responsive so far and extremely helpful. To many questionable experiences and my own limited experience with Diamond to take the chance. Thanks for all the feedback!
Great choice hope you get what you want…. I have nothing but praise for ruff stuff…

I’m almost certain I ordered the first RuffStuff 9.5 front they ever built. It was slightly too short on the passenger side, but it was an awesome axle. Lived under two trucks trouble free on 37s.

I really wanted 10.5s front and rear this time around, but I also want the axles to be the last thing I worry about on a street rig I plan to not baby. A pair of superdutys($700) are in the garage now because once built (a few grand at the most) they will laugh at 40s and 3-400 hp. Factory locker and 35 spline. Win. Still will upgrade. But nonetheless, I’m money ahead I feel like.

If I’m spending 25k on axles, there better be portal boxes on each corner.

But if you’re going to overbuild anywhere on your truck. It should definitely be the axles.

Well after giving a good review of front range i now have to retract it , i placed an order in august. Still haven't received my parts i send weekly emails asking for any sort of response and get ghosted every time. 7 months….

Well after giving a good review of front range i now have to retract it , i placed an order in august. Still haven't received my parts i send weekly emails asking for any sort of response and get ghosted every time. 7 months….
This saddens me to read this. I just do not understand Why people can not just be honest and communicate .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom