Vacuum Line Correction? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Should I switch the two lines highlighted in the picture below? from page 3-3 in the emissions FSM, it appears that the line without the vtv should have one, and the line with it should not.

Also, any other lines that are in the wrong spots or valved/unvalved improperly?

Thanks.

Sorry for the deluge of questions, I just got the truck and am trying to correct 21 years of neglect and get it up to speed.
:beer: :beer:
octopus2.JPG

does anyone have a really good pic of this and the other side

correctly done of course… really does look like spaghetti and since i am about to do the same exact thing in the same color I want to be certain I have it right too... I have the emissions manual but feel a pic would be better.

someone emailed me this one which I had to downsize since at 16" wide it is LOTS of KB's... although I think it is right – I did not check it against the emissions manual and therefore can’t warrant that it is 100% correct. (BTW - thanx for sending it to me).

hope the two side by side will help you out.
fj60_vacuum_small1.JPG
VacLines.jpg

Last edited:
Yes...switch them...the VTV anyways. The lines looked like they are connected to the right spots...but, yeah...the VTV should go on the choke breaker vacuum line (the top one).

:cheers:

**Also: the little splice(plastic thing) in the lower highlighted vacuum line, should...for whatever reason be moved to the middle of the three lines coming out of your air filter housing above the carb. However, where it is located now it is still in the same system (Choke opener system) so really I don't know if it makes a difference where it is located. I have always seen it located up higher...coming of the filter housing. Look at the above diagram out of the FSM if this doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
Yep. I agree with Mike's assessment. Also, you need to turn the VTV around the other way. The green side should be facing the choke breaker diaphragm.

In the electrical section of home depot and larger hardware stores you can get wire labels, that are adhesive-backed cloth with letters and numbers on them. I labeled the ends of the hoses and the corresponding nipples (you can see some of the labels in the picture below). This makes it a whole lot easier to remember which tube goes where when you're putting stuff together after maintenance. I've been very impressed with these wire lables. They've been on about eight years, and the loops can slide along the tubes, but very few have fallen off. I've also tired the "p touch" type labels, but these tend to delaminate due to the heat of the engine.
2f carburetor 02.jpg
2f carburetor 03.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the bounce. I also noticed two things, in studying your guys' setups:

1. I don't seem to have the little green connector thing that you guys do on top of the carb.

2. Should the metal tube leading to the intake manifold be connected to another tube, as in the second photo down?

Thanks again.

The green connector is for your fuel cut solenoid valve...you should have one...the actuall solenoid goes into your carb on the backside(side closet to the firewall, side with all the linkage). Look around, it may just not be connected. If not...I would recommend getting one...look in for sale section.

Not sure what pipe your reffering to? If it is the the pipe coming of your EGR...it then goes back towards the firewall and the PCV hose connects to it...also highly recommended if you don't have it connected.

I was talking about the tube below - which, on second thought, is probably just an air intake heading to a snorkle?
fj60_vacuum_small2.JPG

That is the air intake that routes to near the front headlight, actually will "snap" into place. They are expensive new, get a used one if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom