seat motor problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The foward/backward seat motor just went out in my 1995 cruiser. Does anyone know the best solution. I have access to some salvage seats with what I understand to be functioning motors. Would it be best to just switch the motor (which looks complicated and screw-driven) or switch the entire bottom section from the salvage seat to my actual seats. I do not think the seats will be nice enough for a swap. any advice would be appreciated.......

No idea on what you need to swap. Buuuuut, if you do a search you'll see a lot of posts regarding a white plastic cap that falls out causing seats to go all the way forward then jamm when you try to go back. (motor works, but seat doesn't move) Or, it's loose and it sounds like crap when it goes back. What's your seat connection? I'd be interested in another cap as I have yet to find the one for the PS seat.

I Found The Little White Cap, I Put It Back In, The Damn Thing Still Does'nt Work. Does Anyone Know If I Should Remove The Seat, Manually Slide It Back, And Put The Cap Back In? Also, Does Anyone Know How To Manually Slide The Seat Back, I Need To Know Because My Seat Is Crammed Under The Dash!

I suspect you will need to replace the plastic gear assembly.

cruiserdan said:
I suspect you will need to replace the plastic gear assembly.

CDan,

I have the same problem too, the motor works on my PS seat, I can see the right side (closes to the door) moves forward and backward when the button is pushed, but the left side just not moving. That said, would the plastic gear assembly is what I need to address the issue?

~ Nick

I may be calling you tomorrow oh great shaman :)

rossb said:
The foward/backward seat motor just went out in my 1995 cruiser. Does anyone know the best solution. I have access to some salvage seats with what I understand to be functioning motors. Would it be best to just switch the motor (which looks complicated and screw-driven) or switch the entire bottom section from the salvage seat to my actual seats. I do not think the seats will be nice enough for a swap. any advice would be appreciated.......

Search "power seats" and you'l fin a lot on this.

The part number is 72206 a gearbox that contains the gear you need they are around $65 each.

My Question:
Is this the same part number for a '96? Does this include both plastic pieces? Who can I order this from.

I believe the part is identical for all years.

Take the side that is not moving apart. Grip the raised rings on the drive screws with vice grips before removing and re-installing the end nuts or you'll have more gears to replace.

First it is much easier if you remove the entire seat to work on it.

The long treaded bar has a thick washer on it for you to hold when you undo the nut on the end of the bar to remove it. This shaft is driven by the gear you are replacing and if the bar is not held when you retighten the nut on the end after replacing the gear, the gear will turn against a fixed gear threaded metal bar - plastic loses to metal in this case.

Wow.

Same thing just happened to my ps seat.

Stoppit Dan!!!!

check the for sale section as there was a post with all power seat pieces for sale just a day or two ago; as well as some other rigs being parted out....good luck those things go fast though

Same thing happened to my 1997 lx450 It only has 50,000 miles on it and the passenger side seat never got used. I'm going to take it off and take it apart and see how it's made . When it went out I was standing in the garage not seating in the seat to move it back out of my way to add a cup holder so there was no pressure on the seat . I'll take some photos of the inside . It must not be made very well .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom