Help identify this mini-truck PS pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TEQ

Tigger
Threads
Website
www.kindel.com
The PS pump on my '78 FJ40 was installed by CCOT back in '94. It is leaking and I want to replace it.

The bracket is a very custom CCOT bracket and i want to make sure I get a pump that fits.

Talking with Cruiserdan a while back, he indicated that there were many different mini-truck pumps made over time and he needed more details on what I had before I could order a new one.

Anybody able to tell me, from the pictures below, what my pump is from? I assume it is a mini-truck pump, pre 1994...

Thanks!!!

155875253_59958dbe35.jpg

155875112_afc011de18.jpg

155874974_4aa304f978.jpg

155874817_810a646e93.jpg

MANY 40 conversions use the pumps off of a FJ60 and a mini gear box. Especially if it is a newer FJ40 because the block is already tapped to accept a stock 40 pump-which is identical to the fj60 pump. The pump in the pic looks identical (going from memory though) to the fj60 pump I used on my 1980 fj40 PS set up.

Point being, you may be asking the wrong forum i.e. look at the 60 forum or even the 40 forum for some more insight.

Good luck

The one in my FJ60 does not look like that. The return line points straight down on mine instead of to the side like that. I have never seen one on a 60 like that. The pump housing looks different too.

Be nice if there was a part number on it.

Last edited:
I just reread the thread....a custom bracket. Probably not a 60 pump then as they would have a OE type i.e. non custom bracket.

its definitelly not from a 3 litre...

Are you wanting to replace it or rebuild it? If not rebuild, I would suggest just buying an fj60 pump and bracket and be done with it. That would resolve the custom bracket AND not knowing what pump you have. As well, it will be more stock.

HUMMMMM,

What about ordering a rebuild kit from CCOT and tearing that one down. From what i know they are held together with "O" rings. If the kit dont work o rings are common.

looks like an fj60 pump to me....i have 2 sitting here out of 2 different 60's and the return is in different spots on both...but they were both in stock 60's...they are spendy little units and most of the time go bad cuz the o-rings that are on the bolts that hold the resevoir on go bad and start to leak...if the pump was working but leaking everywhere...pull the pulley off..and pull the bolts holding the resevoir on and the resvoir...you will see th o-ring's...it is an oddball size o-ring and you may have to order one from yota unless somebody knows where you can get one...most hardware stores wont have the correct diameter with the correct thickness

AATLAS1X said:
HUMMMMM,

What about ordering a rebuild kit from CCOT and tearing that one down. From what i know they are held together with "O" rings. If the kit dont work o rings are common.

SOR says they can't be rebuilt. Do you see something on CCOT that says they can?

Why not call ccot and ask Stephen what it is?

Texx said:
Why not call ccot and ask Stephen what it is?

Last time I called CCOT I got the distinct impression they were not really interested in helping me. I wanted to at least get some info on what they had actually done to this particular rig. They claimed to have no data.

I bought one from O'riely's auto parts about 7 months ago. It has a lifetime warranty....may want to check your local auto part store if you plan on replacing it. I thought CCOT was the only option but after looking at the price......and comparing it with the local auto parts store......it made more sense to get it locally.:) Don't let the reservoir fool you, other applications use the same/similar reservoirs. The return line is routed differently that's what gets me. It hard to say since it does not have the original bracket.

Last edited:
Cressida and the Supra use one that is similar looking.
Might give that a shot.

More info: After looking at my 4x4, the remote reservoir looks indentical to the one in the pic posted above. Just my 2 cent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom