Builds Hardcore ROTM - PROJECT RASCAL - July 2005 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A little engine degreaser
IMG_0508-1.jpg

Bruce, MUD allows 3 pic uploads, and they all appear, unlike PBB where you have to post one at a time...

nice start :D

woody said:
Bruce, MUD allows 3 pic uploads, and they all appear, unlike PBB where you have to post one at a time...

nice start :D

Very nice - that will make this much easier... Thanks

Told you it was good.

The Red Square, awesome place. Blavood is probably the most unique vodka they have.

Glad to see the work crusin!!!

BTW, stop arguing with butch...
It will never get you anywhere..

;)

Mace said:
BTW, stop arguing with butch...
It will never get you anywhere..

;)

Cause I generally know WTF I'm talking about..................unlike you.
nice avatar.... :D :D

wngrog said:
Very arguable statement old fart.................

I'll remember this the next time you call needing assistance..........I'm gonna go "Harsh" on ya'
Butch :D :D

Picked up some steel today to start on the motor mounts and finish re-boxing the frame. I bought some 3/16ths for the frame boxing and the plates for the motor side of the motor mounts. Got some 1/4 to make the tabs to mount the frame side of the motor mounts. And some 1 3/4 Sch 40 tube for the bushings and tubes to tie the motor mount together. I'm copying Woody's design. Time to get back to work.

Tonight I re-boxed the frame section I cut out. I'm a newbie to metal work... :eek:
IMG_0649-1.jpg
IMG_0653-1.jpg
IMG_0654-1.jpg

You do good work :)

But why would you want to cover up nice metal??

for some critical stuff you may want to avoid plain vertical shapes and joints when welding on the frame. those can be bad stress risers. My trailer frame has some poorly designed tilt binding that were welded vertical all the way through the frame height. Once the frame cracked open right at the joint along the entire height. Scary stuff. Needless to say, I reinforce/repair plated it in a <> fashion.

What you did is probably OK, but you might think about it for some later jobs.

keep the good work going ;)

:beer:,

denis said:
for some critical stuff you may want to avoid plain vertical shapes and joints when welding on the frame. those can be bad stress risers. My trailer frame has some poorly designed tilt binding that were welded vertical all the way through the frame height. Once the frame cracked open right at the joint along the entire height. Scary stuff. Needless to say, I reinforce/repair plated it in a <> fashion.

What you did is probably OK, but you might think about it for some later jobs.

keep the good work going ;)

:beer:,

I agree on this point, Medusa set me strait some time back and we do the football shaped plates now.

Just to point out, although I am by no means a good welder, that your welds look cold, not much penitration?

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom