Builds Hardcore ROTM - PROJECT RASCAL - July 2005 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

denis said:
for some critical stuff you may want to avoid plain vertical shapes and joints when welding on the frame. those can be bad stress risers. My trailer frame has some poorly designed tilt binding that were welded vertical all the way through the frame height. Once the frame cracked open right at the joint along the entire height. Scary stuff. Needless to say, I reinforce/repair plated it in a <> fashion.

What you did is probably OK, but you might think about it for some later jobs.

keep the good work going ;)

:beer:,

Thanks - That makes sense... I will be reinforcing that area with some 1/4 " plate when I build the motor mounts. Hopefully that will hold.

Radd Cruisers said:
Just to point out, although I am by no means a good welder, that your welds look cold, not much penitration?

Rob

Yup - actually had to cool it down a little as I was blowing through... Good penitration :D

KOWBOY said:
Lookin' good there little nolen. :grinpimp:

:flamingo:

Good to hear your still alive KPoke! Once I get to the rear I'll invite you over to the sawsall party. ;)

Rascal said:
Once I get to the rear I'll invite you over to the sawsall party. ;)

Amatuer trash is usually uncomfortable in my digs. He needs some training before he is ready to hang out with me. ;)

Ed

Rascal said:
Yup - actually had to cool it down a little as I was blowing through... Good penitration :D

Good old rusty cruiser metal, the finest ever made, prolly the weakest link in a cruiser.

I hate frame repair, it plain sucks.....

Keep them pics a comin.

I had to plate my POS frame from the motor mounts to the front of the rear springs. We used 1/4. Heads up when you weld in your motor mounts make sure you have you atlas on hand to jig it up, with drivers side drop 60 and sm420/5.0 atlas to clock it all the way to flat we had to egg out one motor mount hole to allow the atlas enough room on the frame rail. It would be nice to weld the motor mounts once plating was done.

Rock Taxi said:
Amatuer trash is usually uncomfortable in my digs. He needs some training before he is ready to hang out with me. ;)

Ed

Sir ....

I'm glad to hear your doin' Bruce's suspension .... it'll give Josh something to weld on when it breaks at the first event. :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

:bounce: :bounce2: :flamingo: :flamingo: :flamingo: :bounce2: :bounce:

gunmetalcruz said:
I had to plate my POS frame from the motor mounts to the front of the rear springs. We used 1/4. Heads up when you weld in your motor mounts make sure you have you atlas on hand to jig it up, with drivers side drop 60 and sm420/5.0 atlas to clock it all the way to flat we had to egg out one motor mount hole to allow the atlas enough room on the frame rail. It would be nice to weld the motor mounts once plating was done.

That's what I'm waiting on. I got the Atlas yesterday. But I'm waiting on the 700R4 so I can mate it all up and get everything to fit just right. ;)

Bruce, I thought I had a picture, but can't locate it, when we did the motor mounts for the 4.3, Josh made the scab plates about 5" at the top and angled them down to about 12" at the bottom, this way you have a nice semi horizontal line to weld, they really look sweet, I may can snap a pic tommorrow.
Butch

Texican said:
Bruce, I thought I had a picture, but can't locate it, when we did the motor mounts for the 4.3, Josh made the scab plates about 5" at the top and angled them down to about 12" at the bottom, this way you have a nice semi horizontal line to weld, they really look sweet, I may can snap a pic tommorrow.
Butch

Butch, That would be great. I want to do this once... Thanks!

Rascal said:
Butch, That would be great. I want to do this once... Thanks!
done :D
Mvc-003f.jpg

KOWBOY said:
Sir ....

I'm glad to hear your doin' Bruce's suspension .... it'll give Josh something to weld on when it breaks at the first event. :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

:bounce: :bounce2: :flamingo: :flamingo: :flamingo: :bounce2: :bounce:
For a second there I thought you were talking to me :flipoff2:

LOL Kowpookie. :)

I'm JB welding Rascal's stuff this time so I can just gloop on more if something comes loose.

Ed

Texican said:
I'll remember this the next time you call needing assistance..........I'm gonna go "Harsh" on ya'
Butch :D :D
Is that kinda like "Maceing" a trail?

Oh yeah... Square bezels rule...

JasonH said:
Is that kinda like "Maceing" a trail?

going "Harsch"

acting as if you know absolutely nothing about anything :D :D

I don't know what you're talking about.

:flipoff2:

Back to the topic... What's different about a Sunray 9" rear than a "regular" 9"?

JasonH said:
I don't know what you're talking about.

Back to the topic... What's different about a Sunray 9" rear than a "regular" 9"?
Who built it :flipoff2:

BTW, I believe it is proper engrish to remove the "e" in Maceing a trail.

It should be Macing a trail...

Mace said:
For a second there I thought you were talking to me :flipoff2:

This here thread's 'bout Bruce's junk sir .... why the fawk would I be talkin' to you?

When Bruce's junk broke down in Moab .... it was a damn pleasure for me.

When your silly, booty-fabbed, turboed, bar-b-que powered junk broke down at the Hammers .... it was a major pain in my ass.

Now go away. :grinpimp:

BTW, thought your sorry butt was joinin' our club ....

:flamingo:

I am,
I just have to get enough gumption to fill out hte paperowrk and get it to ya ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom