Builds Hardcore ROTM - PROJECT RASCAL - July 2005 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JasonH said:
What's different about a Sunray 9" rear than a "regular" 9"?

Geez - a bunch of hot air in this thread today...

Basically, it's going to be a Ford 9" center. It will be shaved. Sunray tubes it. It will have aftermarket Brakes, gears, axles, Detroit Locker...

mmmmmmm ATLAS... :D :D :D
IMG_0659-1.jpg
IMG_0661-1.jpg
IMG_0660-1.jpg

Got back out to the garage tonight. Made the two plates for the motor side of the motor mount. 3/16 plate - cut shaped and drilled. It's fun to take a piece of steel plate and create something out of it... Trying to complete little pieces so when I get the transmission I'm ready to mock it up...
IMG_0663-1.jpg
IMG_0662-1.jpg

Nice plate :D

Yeah, on the Sunray axles, the regular 9" axle is known for weak axle tubes and most folks just run them with a truss. The Sunray 9" has super thick axle tubes that don't require a truss.

Bruce, something else on Kate just came up for sale today. You may need to call tomorrow, catch me while I am weak ;)

cable shifters rock, Vic has me on the "first call" list when their kit for the D300 comes out....

nice parts collectino Bruce!!

Talked to Lance @ Sunray today. Transmission should be done by the end of the week. :D

Also, ordered the rear axle:

Ford 9" center
35 Spline axles
5.89 gears
Detroit Locker
Disk Brakes
shaved
diff cover protector <- has a funny name :eek:

Hopefully a productive weekend coming up.

For the front axle, what do you think about a Ford 9" center with D60 knuckles, 5.89 gears, Detroit, disk brakes, warn hubs?

Rascal said:
For the front axle, what do you think about a Ford 9" center with D60 knuckles, 5.89 gears, Detroit, disk brakes, warn hubs?

Great plan!

How about putting the tie rod behind the axle, using hydro assist and adding some of those *BLING 4340* splined inner axles and Moly stubs too?

Its only money ;)

wngrog said:
Great plan!

How about putting the tie rod behind the axle, using hydro assist and adding some of those *BLING 4340* splined inner axles and Moly stubs too?

Its only money ;)

lol

Where have I heard of that axle before lol

Rascal said:
Damn Mace - your quick!
When Grogan mentioned that something on kate came up for sale I knew what it was. F'n internet at home was giving me troubles so I did not post about it ;)

BTW, how's the family???
I'll probably be in New Orleans over Haloween, so I might pick your brain about places to go..

(woody, :flipoff2: )

Mace said:
When Grogan mentioned that something on kate came up for sale I knew what it was. F'n internet at home was giving me troubles so I did not post about it ;)

Actually, that post was in regards to something else ;) ;)

Mace said:
BTW, how's the family???
I'll probably be in New Orleans over Haloween, so I might pick your brain about places to go..

Not sure that's a place I'd want to be at halloween. Vegas is amateur hour compared to New Orleans when it comes to F'n weird people...

I was there With Ann for haloween 2000. It was one of our first trips.

You are not kidding about weird...

Well - no transmission :crybaby:

So I'm spending the weekend cleaning up some wiring, painting the firewall, and painting the engine... :frown:

Tomorrow I will drain and remove the fuel tank and remove the diamond plate from the rear quarters...

Rascal said:
Well - no transmission :crybaby:

So I'm spending the weekend cleaning up some wiring, painting the firewall, and painting the engine... :frown:

Tomorrow I will drain and remove the fuel tank and remove the diamond plate from the rear quarters...

Man, get busy! We have a 40th Birthday Party for my wife in mid August to work around in the shop - american bandstand party room! ;p

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom