Adjustability of door hinges. New weather strip prevents door closure. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can I loosen the bolts on the door hinges, inside the body, and move the door hinges out, to move the closed door away from the body, or are they not adjustable. Installing (everything) the doors from a kit. Only thing that was on the chassis was the hinges.

Damn doors just don't fit. I know at least one of them is bent. The owner has speakers in the way of the hinges, so I have some disassembly to get at the bolts.

Poor photo of 2 of teh 4 bolts involved show in the pic below

All Photos - 1 of 1 (3).jpeg

I have had the same thing. Weather-strips were hard closing. I had to adjust hinges for sure. It was still real snug. Eventually they compressed with usage.

When asking for help more information helps year/model/market for example. My 72fj40 came with a 76 hard top. I know there was welding/sheet metal work done for the back does to fit/work. The front doors look factory at the hinges, but the striker/latch hoop assembly looks highly modified with like a plate to offset the holes.

Sorry, its a 74 -40. I'm assembling a jigsaw puzzle for my customer. Its been apart for 5+ years. I got it in february, fully disassembled for paint. Painted, and "assembled" tub placed on the chassis. Parts were mixed. Everythign was taken apart and parts not really organized.
The tub is an assembly of the 74 front half,and a 75 back half. The seam is at the base of the A pillar, in the door opening. By my measurements drivers side door opening is 32" Passenger side is 31 3/4". Door fit is very tight on right. That's part of the battle. There are a few more issues, like bent parts, painted..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom