Valve adjustment shim kit for 1HDT (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good afternoon,

I'm looking for a shim kit for when I go to adjust my valves. I'd rather buy a kit vs buying shims individually. Does anyone know where I can buy a valve adjustment shim kit for a 1HDT? This is for a JDM 93 4.2 L 1HDT Landcruiser.

No such thing.

Ideally, you utilize the matrix in the FSM and move around the 12 shims you have to get them into specifications ranges.

Otherwise, you buy the shim you need and install it where you need it to get the valve into specification.
Copy, appreciate the reply

I rented a valve adjustment kit that Yan, member name akella, put together. He ships it to you and it comes with the tools and a ton of shims.

When the valves wear you will need thinner shims. Buying the thick ones are non essential above 3.0.
Unless you are a shop and will do tens of trucks per year don't buy stuff you won't ever use.
Main are the 2.6-2.8 range, some lower, only a few higher. I have used one 710 shim (2.45) in the last engine I set.

I would follow Onur's advice and just get the ones you need after mixing around. Shoot for middle of valve spec vs shallow or tight.

I was at ENS and saw their puck selection and picked out a few to take- they had to inventory the ones I picked to replace as they were the most common.

When the valves wear you will need thinner shims. Buying the thick ones are non essential above 3.0.
Unless you are a shop and will do tens of trucks per year don't buy stuff you won't ever use.
Main are the 2.6-2.8 range, some lower, only a few higher. I have used one 710 shim (2.45) in the last engine I set.

I would follow Onur's advice and just get the ones you need after mixing around. Shoot for middle of valve spec vs shallow or tight.

I was at ENS and saw their puck selection and picked out a few to take- they had to inventory the ones I picked to replace as they were the most common.
Appreciate the info, will take my measurements and order what I need. Thank you

There are places that make valve shims. We have one here in australia called Precision Shims which I have used last time I did the shims on my 80's 1hz motor at 600 k km's almost 8 yrs ago (yeah since then it's been driven a lot less) because I needed some thicknesses that couldn't be achieved by just swapping around the ones that were in the motor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom