Work tools EDC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Land Shark

SILVER Star
Threads
So let's see what you carry every day at work in relation to tools etc

Below is my vest that is required for safety reasons and where I carry my small tools. Keep most of it in a small Maxpedition pouch. Some knipex cutters, small knipex cobra wrench, Fix it Sticks, assorted screw driver bits, sharpie, spare lead for my Rite n Rain mechanical pencil, batteries for my helmet mount light and laser pointer/flashlight combo, and a small Surefire flashlight for if the other three lights I carry go dark. Small IFAK kit in the other pocket. Good cut resistant leather gloves.

IMG_0851.jpg
IMG_0850.jpg
IMG_0849.jpg
IMG_0848.jpg
IMG_0847 2.jpg

Just one of these:

iu

Was given my first one in the 7th grade and I've carried one ever since. I'm on my 4th one. Between the bolsters spreading from actually using it as a screw-driver and sharpening it until the point comes up out of the pocket I wear them out. Bought two new ones off of ebay shortly after they were discontinued. If I ever wear out the second one it'll be because I'm still working on stuff when over 100 years old......

Just one of these:

iu

Was given my first one in the 7th grade and I've carried one ever since. I'm on my 4th one. Between the bolsters spreading from actually using it as a screw-driver and sharpening it until the point comes up out of the pocket I wear them out. Bought two new ones off of ebay shortly after they were discontinued. If I ever wear out the second one it'll be because I'm still working on stuff when over 100 years old......

I have a few of those. When I was in the military every NSN toolkit I could order came with a pair of those. I took a few pairs of the beat up ones home when they got replaced with new. I still have them in toolkits 25 years later. They're handy and well made.

Just one of these:

iu

Thats a thing of beauty right there!!! 💪

So let's see what you carry every day at work in relation to tools etc

Still using the HP11C calculator that I bought new in 1982 pretty much every day - it's the FJ40 of programmable scientific calculators.

HP11C.jpg

interesting, except for a couple of blue keys, it looks exactly like my 15C, the 11C must have been the predecessor with a few added functions for the 15C, likely mostly programming features, complex numbers, and matrix operations, which I never used for real, of course...
Mine is on my desk as I type!
But then again, I also have a couple of slide rules on my desk...

I thot my TI-85 was ancient.

Oddly, I now work for a company that originally was a TI division. It got so big that they spun it off as it's own company.

I thot my TI-85 was ancient.

Oddly, I now work for a company that originally was a TI division. It got so big that they spun it off as it's own company.

When I was still in school, I bought a TI-59.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom