Builds Jacks 40 to fake 45 build (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love the phone; I wish I had one for my 15 year old daughter.

Love the phone; I wish I had one for my 15 year old daughter.

The chrome clashes with the stainless steel, maybe he will sell it to you. I'm old and even I gave up a land line years ago. The way kids are today thought they could take you to court for not providing a person cellphone. When my kids were young it was a pager.

Glad to hear people enjoy my builds. I hope they motivate everyone to get their projects going or finished.

My budget for this build took a small hit as I had to replace my 22 year old refrigerator......I think I got my money's worth. New one was delivered this morning.

Got the windshield frame ready for paint and added layer of filler to the tub.

View attachment 3315320
View attachment 3315323
I’m certainly enjoying it.

I am a telecomm tech. It's a Mountain Bell circa 1979. It works too. I still have a land line.
I have dreams of putting a telephone booth on my property in the mountains. No cell service but phone lines. If you ever run across one, hit me up. Just not for eBay prices 😉.

I have dreams of putting a telephone booth on my property in the mountains. No cell service but phone lines. If you ever run across one, hit me up. Just not for eBay prices 😉.

You don't want just the pay phone but the whole phone booth right?

You don't want just the pay phone but the whole phone booth right?
That is correct. Something appealing about a random phone booth in a field, in the mountains at 10,000’. Naturally there would be a light on a pole softly illuminating the scene. But it would be practical as well as weird.

But I want to do it.

That is correct. Something appealing about a random phone booth in a field, in the mountains at 10,000’. Naturally there would be a light on a pole softly illuminating the scene. But it would be practical as well as weird.

But I want to do it.

What you need would be cutout of a man wearing a ferdora smoking a cigarette with a fog machine behind it to really complete the scene.

Most phone booths are long gone or in someone's collection. I like the idea though.....lol

Got the topside of the tub in primer. Gonna flip it over later to work on the bottom.

20230505_145956.jpg
20230505_150007.jpg
20230505_150029.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom