1,163,000 kilometers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
722,776 miles

Motor is coming out.

20230410_103536.jpg

20230410_103504.jpg

Coming out for a rebuild? Coming out for a swap? Has it ever been rebuilt? DETAILS PLEASE.
Not sure yet what failed, suspecting a middle journal or something not catastrophic, sounded like a bunch of squirrels shaving acorns. Parked it and walked away for a good long while.

Not ever rebuilt and the head has never been off.

Rebuild is the choice.

Not sure yet what failed, suspecting a middle journal or something not catastrophic, sounded like a bunch of squirrels shaving acorns. Parked it and walked away for a good long while.

Not ever rebuilt and the head has never been off.

Rebuild is the choice.
So you're saying the valves have never been adjusted either?

Was this a de-smog motor or not? I ask because my 3FE was completely locked up due to the EGR and poor oil change habits.

I wonder what the most reliable landcruiser engine is.

Last nut removed, motor is ready to lift out.

Thanks to gimme a 60, I never knew there was an access opening on the tunnel, carpet had never been out.

Damages caused so far:

broken stud exhaust manifold to pipe.

Tore off the ear on one of the heat shields.

and one surgical cut on the top left side of the core support which will heal nicely.

Axles rebuilt? How many power steering pumps and AC compressors and alternators?

I bet that driver seat is toast!

Any rust?
One A/C compressor

0ne radiator, one water pump, an idler now and then

Power steering pump is original, drained and refreshed fluid several times and cleaned the screen maybe twice

Multiple alternators, Toyota alternator is the only one to use

Busted trunion bearings a time or two, but no axle issues, clean and repack the knuckles every few years

Drain and refresh the diff's every few years along with freshen the transmission fluid about a quart and a half every oil change

One A/C compressor

0ne radiator, one water pump, an idler now and then

Power steering pump is original, drained and refreshed fluid several times and cleaned the screen maybe twice

Multiple alternators, Toyota alternator is the only one to use

Busted trunion bearings a time or two, but no axle issues, clean and repack the knuckles every few years

Drain and refresh the diff's every few years along with freshen the transmission fluid about a quart and a half every oil change
Damn I have replaced my radiator, water pump, idler, rebuilt my transmission, and new power steering pump already and I am at 190K miles only. I expect the alternator to go bad in the next 5 years (runs great now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom