AT205 for steering rack leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. I recently replaced power steering hoses off the reservoir due to leaks on an 04 LX. It looks like there is some leaking at the rack itself now. I was watching to see if it was spillage from the hose on the res but I’m thinking it’s a leak at the rack too. Passengers side. So I got a bottle of AT205. And it says it treats a 6qt system. I’m having trouble finding the capacity of our power steering system. Does anyone have this number? Thank you in advance

I used less than 1/3 of the bottle.

@LC CT - I am planning on doing this soon. A couple of questions. How did you determine it was the hoses leaking and not hte pump.

Also, do you have the part numbers for the hoses you replaced.

@LC CT - I am planning on doing this soon. A couple of questions. How did you determine it was the hoses leaking and not hte pump.

Also, do you have the part numbers for the hoses you replaced.

On mine you can clearly see the hoses at the reservoir leaking at the top. They were very dry rotted. I got the trans fluid rates hoses from NAPA. They sell by the foot. I don’t recall what side ID they were but there’s a lot of info on the sizes on this site. I purchased the hose clamps from Toyota. There are 2 different part numbers they had

I know this is an old thread but I am wondering how the AT-205 worked for you? I just replaced my steering lines and now the rack boot seems to be leaking. I’d like to try a bit of AF-205 in there first to see if it helps.

It worked for me for 50k miles. I ended replacing the rack for bad bushings.

It worked for me for 50k miles. I ended replacing the rack for bad bushings.
I’m sure my bushings are worn. But if I can stop that drip I’ll be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom