Disabling TPMS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have failing TPMS sensors and the dash light is flashing as a friendly reminder. I would like to disable the system like others have on the 4runner and GX platforms, but have yet to see it done on the LX470/LC100 platform. Does anyone know where the tire monitoring ECU is located on the 100 series? I have searched the forum for 100 series specific posts but did not come up with anything.

how are they disabling the same vintage 4 runner and gx? are they transmitting something?

I think they had TPMS 2006-2007.

how are they disabling the same vintage 4 runner and gx? are they transmitting something?
Grounding out a pin on the tire pressure monitoring ecu. If anyone knows where the ECU is located I could figure out which wire will do the trick. Here's a link so you can see what they look like.

It's behind the glove box right behind the tpms switch. I'll look at it tomorrow. Try the green red wire position 5 to ground.

I don't know if that will work. SOme combo of that wire and or the violet/white wire two positions over will work. Actually position 3. So 3 and 5 are the two that go the combo meter. green/white and violet/white positions 5 and 3 respectively.

I didn't see the tpms ecu in that location. I have two wires coming from the tpms switch that run down the passenger side of the glove box. Can you take a pic?

It's behind the glove box right behind the tpms switch. I'll look at it tomorrow. Try the green red wire position 5 to ground.

I'd love to know if this is workable also. I'm tired of the light flashing and would love to get rid of it.

Whoever decided that tires needed batteries needs a big yellow flashing led Permanently affixed to the end of his nose.

no tpms on my 05 100 and would love to find a way to kill it on my newer Yota SUVs. You can disable in Forscan for Fords.

I will say that disabling the TPMS light can be done. Torfab did it on my rig. Apparently the method is similar to how it's done on the GX470, but I didn't get the details.

I just took out the gauge cluster, used an electrical tape to block off the light for the tpms. Problem fixed :grinpimp:

I have failing TPMS sensors and the dash light is flashing as a friendly reminder. I would like to disable the system like others have on the 4runner and GX platforms, but have yet to see it done on the LX470/LC100 platform. Does anyone know where the tire monitoring ECU is located on the 100 series? I have searched the forum for 100 series specific posts but did not come up with anything.

Just checking in to see how you made out - I've been chasing bad sensors in my 07' for a month now, and after replacing the sensors with afermarket ones, my light is on again (My new sensors ended up having a low battery right off the hop). So that said - I'm fed up and I'm just going disable it all. Curious to hear how you made out- and if you didn't I'll have a crack at it one of these evenings and let you know.

Haven't messed with it. I have a constant light. Walmart is installing new denso sensors and new tires as I type.
If techstream is too much of a pain, next time the instrument cluster is out I will needle nose pliers that LED right off the CB.
Alignment, windshield and tires all in the same week. People shouldn't be allowed to touch my car(stuff). Call me Francis.

Currently working on the relays soldered to the vvti circuit boards. No time for others.

Over a decade ago, either my Lexus dealer disabled mine (due to my bitching), or the bulb finally burned out.

I still see the pressures in Techstream. A while back I saw something that seemed to indicate that Scangauge (with the proper firmware) could read TPMS pressures, but I’ve never really pursued it.

@BelnanDiesel I ended up taking out the cluster and used some matte black vinyl to cover the light. It matched the cluster perfectly and I can't see the annoying flashing light anymore

A while back I saw something that seemed to indicate that Scangauge (with the proper firmware) could read TPMS pressures, but I’ve never really pursued it.
I think (could be wrong) that the new ScanGaugeIII has that option.

I think (could be wrong) that the new ScanGaugeIII has that option.
Don’t say that! Not after slowly purchasing (4) of the II, and custom mounts, etc ☹️

I've never programmed a tpms sensor in a 100 (since my 100 doesn't have it) but it's super easy with Techstream (i've done it on a 2007 and 2009 Camry. Load up techstream, then the tpms system, walk around to each tire and release some air and make note of the wheel/ tpms id in techstream until you find the wheel with the bad sensor (it won't update as you release air), once you know which tpms sensors are good (and their id's), swap out the bad one with a new one. Then in techstream click program tpms. You'll have to input all 4 or 5 sensor codes in techstream (don't forget to take a picture/make note of the new sensor code before you have it installed.

@BelnanDiesel I ended up taking out the cluster and used some matte black vinyl to cover the light. It matched the cluster perfectly and I can't see the annoying flashing light anymore
I'll tip my friend about this simple trick for his incoming 100 series project. The previous owner replaced the sensors but the light still coming. He doesn't want to deal with the annoying light. We'll just finish installing the exhaust, rack, and jeep accessories on the Wrangler this week before we can start working on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom