No sound from speakers and no volume control. PLEASE HELP. 2013 Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I spent hours trying to figure this out. Fewww
Hey guys i know this is an old thread but I'm having same issue.
2012 Sahara Australia.
Few weeks back new batteries installed.
Since then no audio DVD/rear button has dissapeared on head unit so cannot select it or turn volume.
Check every single fuse related to the stereo/rear entertainment unit etc.
Lost atm and I see it can be numerous issues.
I'm going to check on the rear connection in the middle console at bottom for any connection points.
I disconnected roof mounted dvd player itself but don't have another to test circuit with etc.

Any ideas be great.
Cheers

Hey guys i know this is an old thread but I'm having same issue.
2012 Sahara Australia.
Few weeks back new batteries installed.
Since then no audio DVD/rear button has dissapeared on head unit so cannot select it or turn volume.
Check every single fuse related to the stereo/rear entertainment unit etc.
Lost atm and I see it can be numerous issues.
I'm going to check on the rear connection in the middle console at bottom for any connection points.
I disconnected roof mounted dvd player itself but don't have another to test circuit with etc.

Any ideas be great.
Cheers
I have a warranty I purchased from Yota when I bought. Brough this in for service and they said it was defective. They are replacing the head unit.
Aspen cruiser is also cool as s*** and good with this stuff.

I had this happen to my LC after I did the dual battery install and main battery upgrade. The volume control disappeared, the rear entertainment didn't work, and I did everything I could think of; nothing worked.

I sent it to a shop and they literally removed every single part of the system and checked it on a test bench, everything checked out. They then did a hard reset of the head unit and it all worked again.

What's a hard reset? They unplugged the head unit, let it sit for ~30 min, and plugged it all back in. I figured removing the battery cables would do the same thing ... nope. I don't understand it, I don't pretend to understand it.

I had this happen to my LC after I did the dual battery install and main battery upgrade. The volume control disappeared, the rear entertainment didn't work, and I did everything I could think of; nothing worked.

I sent it to a shop and they literally removed every single part of the system and checked it on a test bench, everything checked out. They then did a hard reset of the head unit and it all worked again.

What's a hard reset? They unplugged the head unit, let it sit for ~30 min, and plugged it all back in. I figured removing the battery cables would do the same thing ... nope. I don't understand it, I don't pretend to understand it.
Hey mate thanks for the reply I will try disconnect the head unit itself from 12v supply, as I disconnected batteries for over hour and half and did nothing.
Let u know how I go.
Cheers bud.

Hey mate thanks for the reply I will try disconnect the head unit itself from 12v supply, as I disconnected batteries for over hour and half and did nothing.
Let u know how I go.
Cheers bud.
No luck mate I disconnect the stereo itself from hour or so and no luck.
Disappointed still haha.
Cheers anyway.

Same problem. I'm thinking about replacing the head unit with a Landcruiser GX unit..
Not sure if this will correct the problem but.. I would like to separate my radio and air conditioner controls anyway

It sucks that my Land Cruiser has more electronic problems than my ancient E350

Anyone else having this problem?

I had something similar. Pull the cable on the battery, then under the passenger seat and under the carpet gently pull the wiring up just a little bit.

Same issue. The DVD is not working either..
The remote will not turn it on. Cannot find a bad fuse anywhere have disconnected the battery several times. The amp used to pop and then go off and lose sound but would come back on it did that for months now everything's completely dead no audio or video

My '13 LC has zero sound, and I'm losing my mind. I also run the Grom unit, so maybe that's causing an issue. Everything was running fine, and then I decided to tidy up my Grom wires, and bang, no sound.

Any ideas? What fuses do I check?

My '13 LC has zero sound, and I'm losing my mind. I also run the Grom unit, so maybe that's causing an issue. Everything was running fine, and then I decided to tidy up my Grom wires, and bang, no sound.

Any ideas? What fuses do I check?
Hey, I never actually resolved my issue and was told Toyota service that it was a defective head unit.
Gets better… they don’t make our head unit anymore so while it did resolve itself on its own somehow, I’m screwed when it happens again.

Hey, I never actually resolved my issue and was told Toyota service that it was a defective head unit.
Gets better… they don’t make our head unit anymore so while it did resolve itself on its own somehow, I’m screwed when it happens again.
Ooof! I’m hoping I can figure out what’s going on.

Here is how I resolved mine. I have a 2013 LX with ML sound system and DVD entertainment. First, let's make sure the symptoms are the same.
1. No sound, no matter the audio system's mode. Not even beeps from the touchscreen input.
2. No numbers or scale when turning the volume control knob up and down
3. The screens for the backseat would not turn on. They were dead.
4. I Had the amp checked by United audio in NY. Amp checked good.

The fix:

TOYOTA 86104-60010 CONTROLLER SUB-ASSY​

I was very reluctant to spend over $1000.00 on a guess. I also had my local Toyota dealer troubleshoot it for a couple of days and they insisted it was the amp.

This piece is under the front passenger seat.

Reach out if I can help.

So just an update. Bypassing the DVD entertainment center corrected my no audio issue

16832151269036980938507253801629.jpg

20230503_143506.jpg

More details, please. I do not use my DVD entertainment system in mine, and if the multi-display subsystem piece goes out again. This may be a fix I pursue.

Credit to these guys for sending back my amp that was not defective and telling me how to fix the issue

Screenshot_20230504-142815_Samsung Internet.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom