What are the odds in North Seattle... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not even sure how to start this...but hopefully it's good for a laugh at my expense (and maybe an apology from me as well) on a Saturday evening...

If a stranger just opened the door of your black 2013-2015 LC while you were still in the drivers seat in a grocery store parking lot in North Seattle...that was me, and I'd like to explain / apologize.

My wife is starting her clinical year as a PA, and her first rotation starts Monday in the south sound area. She's going to be driving quite a bit as part of that, so she's got my normal daily driver (2013 black LC) as it's more comfortable long distance and I've got her Hyundai...

I stopped by the grocery store earlier this evening to grab a couple of things, in her car, and in the time that took, a very similar black 13-15 LC parked near the Hyundai...

I'm very much a creature of habit, and seeing "my" car, I walk up to it, open the door...and find a very surprised gentleman in the drivers seat. I stand there for probably 5 seconds like an utter moron, before pulling out my phone, showing you a picture of my actual LC, along with a mumbled explanation that I have nearly the same car, before wandering off and getting into the actual car I'm driving...

If by any chance that was you....let me know, I probably owe you a beer...

Stone sober at the time this occurred.

Not even sure how to start this...but hopefully it's good for a laugh at my expense (and maybe an apology from me as well) on a Saturday evening...

If a stranger just opened the door of your black 2013-2015 LC while you were still in the drivers seat in a grocery store parking lot in North Seattle...that was me, and I'd like to explain / apologize.

My wife is starting her clinical year as a PA, and her first rotation starts Monday in the south sound area. She's going to be driving quite a bit as part of that, so she's got my normal daily driver (2013 black LC) as it's more comfortable long distance and I've got her Hyundai...

I stopped by the grocery store earlier this evening to grab a couple of things, in her car, and in the time that took, a very similar black 13-15 LC parked near the Hyundai...

I'm very much a creature of habit, and seeing "my" car, I walk up to it, open the door...and find a very surprised gentleman in the drivers seat. I stand there for probably 5 seconds like an utter moron, before pulling out my phone, showing you a picture of my actual LC, along with a mumbled explanation that I have nearly the same car, before wandering off and getting into the actual car I'm driving...

If by any chance that was you....let me know, I probably owe you a beer...

Stone sober at the time this occurred.
Funny, hopefully for both of you!?!?! Glad you didn't get shot, YIKES

About 20 years ago, I traveled for business so much that I'd wake up and forget what city I'm in. Then, when I'd get out to the parking lot of the hotel I'd forget where I parked my rental car. The lot would be filled with similar cars. Luckily, key fobs were becoming common even on generic rent a cars.
Which way did the beep come from?

I once climbed into the drivers seat of a white Chevy Tahoe, put my drink in the cup holder ( had just eaten at Subway), pressed start and nothing. Then I noticed sunglasses on the console that weren’t mine and realized’ not my car. To my left was my car, an identical white Chevy Tahoe. I got out, went to my car and drove away….

I had a rental out of town and in the grocery store parking lot was my exact Tundra.

I walked up to it with my rental key fob and for thirty seconds or so my attitude was WTF? Then I realized what I did.

It happens to is all.

No joke my wife and both kids have gotten into white Highlanders on multiple occasions, and my son once a GX. Only one time was one occupied (many people don’t lock their cars up here) and it was my daughter and an older guy thought it was hilarious. I think every time they have been paying more attention to their phones then the car but…

Years ago I walked up to my 996 turbo at the grocery, it wouldn’t unlock with the fob, put the key in, still wouldn’t unlock. Tried a few more times, was about to call Porsche roadside. This guy ran over freaking out and then I realized mine was one row over. Same car, color, interior, wheels,…. He wasn’t amused, I laughed

5764C71A-B41A-4EE5-AAB9-D657050A95D4.jpeg

Last edited:
Did nearly the same thing with my Silver LX. About a week after I bought it a coworker and I were at lunch. I was parallel parked on street outside. We got all the way up to the doors of “my LX”,one of us on each side, before I realized there were 2 ladies already sitting in it. Luckily we didn’t get as far as opening the doors, but I’m sure we freaked those ladies out. My LX was 2 cars down.

I witnessed this phenomena over the weekend in Austin. My wife ran into the store as I waited in the car and I watched an entire family of four attempt to get into a Hyundai Santa Fe for nearly a minute before they realized theirs was parked a few spots over. I was dying laughing once we all realized their mistake. The vehicles were the same color but they had an older body style than the newer one they were attempting to gain entry to. That made me realize that the majority of the public aren't car people and likely pay very little attention to such detail.

During the '90s I had a tan 1985 4Runner with the black fiberglass top. Turned out there was another guy in the Juneau area with a 1st gen in the same color scheme. He showed up parked on our downtown street one day for a several hour hike to summit a mountain. Trailhead was accessed off our small street at the top of a hill. This has since been changed. Anyway, somehow his wallet ended up under my driver's seat. I guess he took off, then had second thoughts and returned to leave it-in the wrong car! By the time my wife discovered it several weeks later, he had already assumed it was long lost and replaced everything.
Obviously, pretty much everyone left their cars unlocked back then. A few bears have figured out how to open car doors recently, including ours a couple times over the past few years, so now doors are locked.

I was at a gas station once with my 80 series (its natural habitat, like the 200). A guy came out of the convenience store and mistook my 80 for his Land Rover Discovery that was at the next pump island. I thought that was pretty funny.

Last edited:
I was at a gas station once with my 80 series (its natural habitat, like the 200). A guy came out of the convenience store and mistook my 80 for his Land Rover Discovery that was at the next pump island. I thought that was pretty funny.
Actually, he wanted to trade up. A LR, huh, that's bloody funny. After just a few miles he'd wonder why something hasn't broken yet. He'd be in shock, poor guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom