Recommendations for a pre purchase inspection in Seattle area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m in negotiations on a 2018 Land Cruiser in Seattle. The seller is an auto broker, and part of their purchase agreement is to have the vehicle inspected by a third party. The guy I was talking to says they use this one shop that their brokerage has used for years. I’m not sure if that’s fine? Or if it would be better to have it taken to either a Toyota dealership, or some other place that has more knowledge about Land Cruisers specifically? Any recommendations?

There is usually a 3 month wait at Torfab and it’s in Everett. There are Toyota dealers in Bellevue and Renton. If you are looking for an Indy I would suggest Greg’s Japanese auto.

"They always use this one shop" is a huge red flag.

You need a completely independent shop with a good reputation. Toyota dealership is going to be hit or miss, but I would go with that quicker than an unknown shop or shop that "they always use".

Before doing anything, get a bunch of pics of underneath to check for rust. If it's rusted to the point where other issues might not matter, kill the deal without wasting a bunch of time and money on PPIs.

"They always use this one shop" is a huge red flag.

You need a completely independent shop with a good reputation. Toyota dealership is going to be hit or miss, but I would go with that quicker than an unknown shop or shop that "they always use".

Before doing anything, get a bunch of pics of underneath to check for rust. If it's rusted to the point where other issues might not matter, kill the deal without wasting a bunch of time and money on PPIs.
Thanks. I thought about that too, who knows if their mechanic is being honest etc. this dealer is apparently pretty reputable from reviews etc., but I would feel much better with a true 3rd party unbiased inspection.

I’m not super high on the local Lexus dealers: I went in for parts and they didn’t leave me with a fuzzy feeing that they could fix the rig: I’m sure the master service tech is up to it, but probably only that one person.

For what it's worth, I also highly recommend Gregs. We always use the shop in bellevue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom