Mouse inside dashboard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am seeing signs of mouse activity inside my dash.
I am not sure how to close the entry ways and eliminate this before some wires get chewed.

I can setup bait but I dont want the mouse to die inside the dashboard which is even worst outcome.

If anyone had experience and success dealing with this problem, let me know.

IMG_6729.jpg

IMG_6731.jpg

IMG_6730 copy.jpg

Victor M310S live traps work really well. With a good bait they will definitely end up inside and not be able to get back out. Dispose of them before they die inside the rig and you are good to go.

As for how they are getting in.. I’d check the recirc vent

Edit: fixed record to recirc

Last edited:
set a traditional mousetrap on the floor of the vehicle with peanut butter - if it gets caught, it won't be able to drag that thing behind your dash and die back there.

The electric / battery shock traps kill in place.
Trouble is finding the bait they will go in there to get- maybe try some extra cutoff Toyota wire ends and air filter fluff?

Get them out ASAP - insurance paid 35k for a new wiring harness for parts and labor on a 911 about 8 years ago after leaving it parked for close to 4 months due destroying my shoulder in a biking accident.

I've found peanut butter on old fashioned traps works best...YMMV.

Our cat that spends time in the garage works well...he leaves his trophies in front of the garage door. Milo is on the job 24/7.

Bait stations from Tractor Supply or elsewhere keep mice from going into the garage or house. One near our hatchway eliminated all mice, maybe 6 or 7 a year in my office/ music studio. The last thing I need is a mouse jumping out of a bass case.

You need to keep the bait station full of bait. I have to fill mine every 5 days this time of year.

I have the 4Runner outside and a station under the truck kept it mouse free all summer.

Boy that really sucks, I do have some experience with mice/rat infestation. I suggest trap it soon and hopefully it doesn't wreck havoc in your interior.
Find out how it got in, set traps around the vehicles perimeter or get some mice repellant and spray inside engine compartment and cowl area.

Get them out ASAP - insurance paid 35k for a new wiring harness for parts and labor on a 911 about 8 years ago after leaving it parked for close to 4 months due destroying my shoulder in a biking accident.

I've found peanut butter on old fashioned traps works best...YMMV.
That is ugly, the one I worked on was a new Jeep GC several mice and a rat got in it took a few days to get the last one out. Damage was mostly insulation and interior components it's a good thing it didn't chew on wires almost $10k in parts and labor the lady that owned it traded it in after job was done.

Set up 4 traps with peanut butter and no luck yet.
I also set a bait station under the truck which may have deterred mouse to get inside (I am suspecting that the mouse is coming from outside and getting in).
I already have all the bait stations around my house and in my garage. Looks like this is what may have driven the mouse to explore inside my truck.
Should figure out where its getting in from and get it sealed.

Set up 4 traps with peanut butter and no luck yet.
I also set a bait station under the truck which may have deterred mouse to get inside (I am suspecting that the mouse is coming from outside and getting in).
I already have all the bait stations around my house and in my garage. Looks like this is what may have driven the mouse to explore inside my truck.
Should figure out where its getting in from and get it sealed.
I had the same issue.

A long road trip took care of the critter.
Probably somewhere on I-90 RIP.

I've never had trouble with this kind of thing but it's definitely far from ideal. I hope you catch the little bugger and deter others before you end up with more damage.

AC recirculate vent is most likely where they are getting in.

Glue traps are awesome, but don't work if it's cold (less than 50 degrees F?). I'd buy a bunch and put them all over, around the car, on the dash, on the floor mats, etc. It's gross to catch and dispose of a still living mouse, but you have to take measures. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom