BJ REPLACEMENT GLOW PLUG CONTROLLER COIL. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well. I did some experimenting with the wire element of the controller.

Here the controller is, all dissected. You can see the two pieces of coil that of course, should be one piece.
IMG_1034_zpsdqyghyor.jpg

I figured I would just measure it up, and replicate it. Here you can see, just over 1mm thickness. Look that up on a gauge thickness chart and it you'll see it's 18ga. I also measured the inside diameter of the coils and it was around 7mm. Turned out to be about the diameter of a standard wooden pencil!
IMG_1037_zpsuohhauod.jpg

Here is the coil I made. At the time I did this, I could only find Galvanized steel wire (or aluminum which wouldn't work), so that's what I used. I did get a piece of 18ga stainless from a buddy that I haven't tried out yet.
IMG_1044_zpslal1hd1r.jpg

And what do you know!!!! It works. I think it has a slight delay on it from my original. I think my original glowed in 11-12 sec and this one is maybe 12-13.
IMG_1050_zpsejzuvcy7.jpg

Hi guys,

I want to remove the glow plug controller off my dash so I can paint the dash - how do I do it? I can't see any hex screws to unscrew that I can see/find.

Cheers

Hi guys,

I want to remove the glow plug controller off my dash so I can paint the dash - how do I do it? I can't see any hex screws to unscrew that I can see/find.

Cheers
I don't have the truck anymore (or any like it) and I don't remember how to remove it.....there must be something on the front or back that spins off? (man that sounded stupid, but maybe it will help!)

I don't have the truck anymore (or any like it) and I don't remember how to remove it.....there must be something on the front or back that spins off? (man that sounded stupid, but maybe it will help!)
Thanks for responding, Baf, i managed to work it out (there is a very thin locking nut at the back that I couldn't feel before!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom