1fz-fe short block anywhere?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Spun a rod bearing in my 97 LX450- seems a short block is rare as hens teeth..I’ve searched for weeks and can’t seem to source one. Suggestions? Or just tear mine down? Need crank and bearings at least. Thanks in advance guys!

Spun a rod bearing in my 97 LX450- seems a short block is rare as hens teeth..I’ve searched for weeks and can’t seem to source one. Suggestions? Or just tear mine down? Need crank and bearings at least. Thanks in advance guys!
You can only buy from a local dealer, as they don't ship them, typically.

Also, many dealers will say they're NLA when that's not true.

Olathe Toyota can get them. You may have to drive up to pick it up.

You can only buy from a local dealer, as they don't ship them, typically.

Also, many dealers will say they're NLA when that's not true.

Olathe Toyota can get them. You may have to drive up to pick it up.
Thx bilt! Ordered twice online and ran credit card only to refund hours later. Plano Toyota wants $4900 and says they can get. Maybe. Calling Toyota to confirm
Will see what Olathe says👍 If that’s Kansas then I’ve got plenty of relatives around there

Olathe is easy, they ship too.

Thx bilt! Ordered twice online and ran credit card only to refund hours later. Plano Toyota wants $4900 and says they can get. Maybe. Calling Toyota to confirm
Will see what Olathe says👍 If that’s Kansas then I’ve got plenty of relatives around there
LX, might want to also try giving Downtown LA Toyota a call. IIRC, I got mine for $3490 + CA tax picked up, no bs. Took maybe 2 weeks. If you want my part contact's info, msg me. Good luck!

Last edited:
Figured as much. Ordered from Olathe thx to all 👍
I've been trying to chase a short block down for my 80 as well. I live in Boise, ID and every dealer I've called says they can't get them. They are not discontinued though so they seem a little confused. I have my block at a local machine shop and they are wanting over $4k for machining and parts. I'd much rather have a factory Toyota short block so I know what parts I'm getting. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!

Try going into the parts department and talk face-to-face with someone at the counter. Have the part number ready and ask them to plug it into their parts system. OGBeno (parts expert) has said previously that Toyota dealerships (outside of certain resellers) should be able to see how many blocks are in the US or enroute from Japan.

Start reading at the bottom of the page at this link and then continue on the next page.

Last edited:
I don't understand the struggle here.

It's readily available. There's nothing to chase other than a Chase VISA.

Try going into the parts department and talk face-to-face with someone at the counter. Have the part number ready and ask them to plug it into their parts system. OGBeno (parts expert) has said previously that Toyota dealerships (outside of certain resellers) should be able to see how many blocks are in the US or enroute from Japan.

Start reading at the bottom of the page at this link and then continue on the next page.

Thanks for the info. I did that and there was one available in the states and not that far from me. Called the dealer and he said it was spoken for. Bummer. I actually found one that OGBeno had on hand. Brand new in the box. So, problem solved. I'm assuming there are none in the states at the moment. At least that's what every part guy told me.

I don't understand the struggle here.

It's readily available. There's nothing to chase other than a Chase VISA.

Every dealer I've called checks their system and it shows none available in the states and a backorder status. I think they can still order them but they can't give any ETA on them. The dealer I found that had one in stock said it took like 9 months to get it.

Took me four months to get a short block as none were left in the country and none were enroute from Japan. Some other people who ordered their blocks later got them within a couple of weeks due to a shipment (with my block) that was already on the way to the US. Hit or miss.

Keep calm. Call Beno. 😂😂

17ACE3FE-29D3-43CB-A365-83FE8C225180.jpeg

FB4A925D-B49C-4EBE-A675-2946C377127B.jpeg

49621585-3B38-4D13-8AC3-DF819641C245.jpeg

Is it the same p/n for a 93-95? I know the newer one has a crank sensor but maybe it just doesn’t get used ?

Every dealer I've called checks their system and it shows none available in the states and a backorder status. I think they can still order them but they can't give any ETA on them. The dealer I found that had one in stock said it took like 9 months to get it.

Find a better dealer or call OGBeno.

I've been trying to chase a short block down for my 80 as well. I live in Boise, ID and every dealer I've called says they can't get them. They are not discontinued though so they seem a little confused. I have my block at a local machine shop and they are wanting over $4k for machining and parts. I'd much rather have a factory Toyota short block so I know what parts I'm getting. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!

I buy them several times a year from Peterson Toyota. So unless you are trying to buy a 3F, they are messing with you. Call Peterson, ask for Landon and tell him Ian sent you. Use part# posted above.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom