Paint Job Price (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My hood has the cancer as well. I'm gonna just sand it down some and rattle can it gray. :meh:

I have called 8 places and drove to two for in person discussion. I went to custom shops and to Maaco. Maaco deer valley quoted $4500 for their top shelf paint job. But I can't do Maaco. It is a dice roll and I don't want to waste money and time and then be unhappy knowing it *might suck or it *might be ok.

I even told one shop, I have a $8K budget, want the same color, you can have my truck for a month. Must be done by July 1. I will remove all of the lights, bumpers, etc and re-install. No deal. He said he can't find auto body techs to work and couldn't promise it would be done by July.

Can't find anyone that wants to earn money and paint my 100. Some shops said they were booked 6 months to a year. One guy offered to buy the truck, but told me he couldn't paint it because their shop makes easier money on dent repair from dealerships.

So I give up. Maybe going to wrap the hood with some film from amazon. Or maybe turn the kids loose with some open paint cans and see what I end up with.:)

My recent experience.
Kids car hit, took to local shop here in Tucson. Solid 6 weeks to fix and paint only rear bumper and truck lid. Structural work in trunk caused numerous delays.

Friends Tacoma (2017) hit in front end. No mechanical damage, 7 weeks at Precision to fix. Hood, bumper and one fender.

Both jobs were billed to insurance at $7K-$8K.

I had a hood painted for $400 cash (7x series) 6 months ago. April 2020 I had my 7x cab painted for $1,000 in under a week but everyone was hiding from Covid.

Compete car will take a loooong time. Paint like everything else is at all time high. Again, as said, shops make money turning projects not working on custom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom