200 series picture thread (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is 2012, European market model. But I am going to delete it. I have been waiting for BP 51

Not looking to change your mind. But is there a shortcoming of AHC, that you're looking to address with the BP51s? The LX owners here have really sorted the system out and there's several ways to modify AHC.
- additional lift (+1.5" in normal, or 4.5" in high. Or if you build custom brackets, sky's the limit).
- 2000lb+ payload handling
- 1" additional suspension travel at front axle with LC shock spacers

Not looking to change your mind. But is there a shortcoming of AHC, that you're looking to address with the BP51s? The LX owners here have really sorted the system out and there's several ways to modify AHC.
- additional lift (+1.5" in normal, or 4.5" in high. Or if you build custom brackets, sky's the limit).
- 2000lb+ payload handling
- 1" additional suspension travel at front axle with LC shock spacers
I adjust it in front to reduce rake front/rear. I change heigt in back but was too much hard. I had to reduce it back to normal... It is harsh drive in high mode when I go off road. It is short travel of suspension in manny situations while drive in high mode. Above all I hate when leveling itself in trafick light (for me) without reason. It is too much going on with sensors etc I prefer more classic things. I have to say it is nice ride in daily drive mode, you can select sport/comfort. But when you drive 60km over mountain and need extra height it is not so friendly

I adjust it in front to reduce rake front/rear. I change heigt in back but was too much hard. I had to reduce it back to normal... It is harsh drive in high mode when I go off road. It is short travel of suspension in manny situations while drive in high mode. Above all I hate when leveling itself in trafick light (for me) without reason. It is too much going on with sensors etc I prefer more classic things. I have to say it is nice ride in daily drive mode, you can select sport/comfort. But when you drive 60km over mountain and need extra height it is not so friendly

If you were so inclined to fix the harsh ride, it's due to too much load on AHC at neutral ride height. Sensor lifting aggressively requires using shock spacers on the front and 30mm spring spacers in the rear to bring the hydraulic pressures back to normal. Increased AHC pressures causes the remote hydraulic damper to have more influence, creating a firmer ride.

You're right that some aftermarket setups have long travel shocks able to extend travel. There's tricks to making AHC longer travel as well.

If you were so inclined to fix the harsh ride, it's due to too much load on AHC at neutral ride height. Sensor lifting aggressively requires using shock spacers on the front and 30mm spring spacers in the rear to bring the hydraulic pressures back to normal. Increased AHC pressures causes the remote hydraulic damper to have more influence, creating a firmer ride.

You're right that some aftermarket setups have long travel shocks able to extend travel. There's tricks to making AHC longer travel as well.
Thanks for info. For me is late, now there is no going back 😁 I am expecting some good ride with BP 51. I ordered Rival front bumper as well + winch. Expecting to be smooth

First snow at the house in the WA Cascades
#stokedforwinter
2F9A4FA7-8E4C-4880-8C8A-72B81334C210.jpeg

Sensing a theme from the prior post….

Early snow wheeling outside of Vance’s Cabin near Leadville, CO. Turned around due to private property boundaries but great to get out regardless.

8843930F-F593-4108-B410-9A7675CF7F7F.jpeg

CC59A81F-FB92-4D60-A644-27A7E9C99070.jpeg

FD66EE46-C6AD-4676-8256-96FDEC47EC29.jpeg

I decided to go from AT to a more highway friendly setup.

Black Rhino Kunene 20x9 25et (gloss black) wrapped in Michelin Defender LTX M/S 275/55-20

I had slight rubbing on the inside of my front mud flaps at full turn so I used a heat gun to push back the shape - no more rubbing.

image0-21.jpeg

image5-7.jpeg

image8-2.jpeg

image1-12.jpeg

image7-4.jpeg

What happened to your range/mpg?
Unscientifically, I believe I gained about 1mpg. I used to have stock 18" with Yokohama Geolandar AT tires. The overall weight is similar. The old setup was 72lbs total and the current one is 72.6lbs. Less rolling resistance and flusher setup to the fenders (especially the rear) probably helps. It certainly feels quicker from a complete stop than my AT tire setup.

I originally wanted to go with the BBS 20" Tundra wheels, but those wheels are really heavy (43lbs!). Was trying to find a strong 20" wheel that did not add too much weight. I believe stock 18s are 31.6lbs. I believe the Black Rhinos are 33lbs.

I saw them on a 4runner and I liked the look.
Toyota 4Runner on Black Rhino 20 inch wheels - 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Dang, Braid beadlocks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom