holley sniper efi (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You have to adjust the throttle plate screw to match the 750 chosen RPM to get the IAC between 2-10 after it warms to at least 160°. If your engine races on start up you have a vacuum leak.

I just installed holley sniper efi I am not sure of the initial setup calibration wizards.
Thanks

Which model Holley did you get?

Good morning Guys
I did these setup
1) The 2300
2) 6 Cyl
3) 254
4) 750 RPM
5) Stock/Mild
6) Coil(-)
MY ICA position Never is more than 20% ??
My Idle is fine at first time in the morning but between 100 F to 145 F if i have to stop ( stop sign ) the idle go down and the car died.?
Yesterday i did the holley sniper update and do not help.

So I copied the default config file and inspected it with the Sniper software. I started trolling through all the settings and finally got to "Decel Fuel Cutoff"(DFC). Hmmmm, that sounds like my problem. Well in my out of the box settings, the DFC was disabled(??!!). That explained the stalling and weird off throttle lean out on return to idle. So the solution is/was to enable DFC(Check the Enable box), set the "Decel Wait Time" to .5 second, and "RPM Added to Idle for Fuel Activation" to 300. These parameters were just a best guess and kind of made some sense to me at the time (i.e. "shot in the dark"). I figured that these settings where fairly mild and would be easy to see if they caused any improvement. I saved and uploaded the new config file to the Sniper ECU. Well, BIG difference. No more stalling, no more hesitation when blipping the throttle and no more bucking/lurching at off throttle crawling. That is the only change I made to the default Sniper config file. I plan on making only one small change at a time to the software so I don't confuse myself while I learn how to tune the Sniper EFI. YMMV
@Tough FJ60.
See above for a solution to a similar problem that I had with stalling while coming to a stop and/or low speed off idle stalling. I have quoted it on a couple of other threads. It seems like it may be a common issue on some Sniper 2300 / 2F installs. Good Luck
SimS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom