Shelter in Place Projects (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was the windshield sanding to get the stock glue-in size to fit the gasket? My Hilux has the gasket from the factory but I’m worried I’ll have to deal with this when it’s time to replace the Aussie windshield and I can’t find one state side

Was the windshield sanding to get the stock glue-in size to fit the gasket? My Hilux has the gasket from the factory but I’m worried I’ll have to deal with this when it’s time to replace the Aussie windshield and I can’t find one state side

Yeah because from every attempt at getting the windshield in, it seemed too big and I had read that’s what people were doing. Low and behold, the PPG glass I just put in was slightly larger than the AGC that cracked after 6 hours of sanding and I didn’t sand it so it can be done. I’ll be putting up an install guide somewhere and maybe a video when I replace this windshield

The title of the thread feels dated... wish I'd just titled it "I was this bored today:"

Today I was restore the seat tracks and seat brackets bored. The seats are going to the upholstery shop Wednesday. There will never be a better time to clean up and paint these parts - @#%^ the overspray ;)

So...
IMG_0338.jpeg
IMG_0345.jpeg

...the bolts, side panels... And yeah - I know I spent time cleaning up and painting pieces that'll be behind other pieces... but I'll know.
63796911572__13510C9B-CAFF-490E-A515-43EF4B4E49F4.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom