Have we determined DT headers fixes the ticking? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had the ticking noise for a while. Been waiting on the settlement check from an EcoDiesel Ram I owned to get here and it was waiting for me when I got home today. Ready to order them as long as I can find them. But just wanting to make sure that it will fix the ticking.

I mean yeah, but only if it's your current headers that cause the ticking. So would new OEM headers.

Either one will be tough to install, so you may as well go with the headers and enjoy the extra benefits. (They're super nice.)

I’ve got a lift and everything for installation so I’m prepared for the fun parts. Just want to make sure that’s what will fix it and that the THY-561-SS-C is the right part number.

That part number will work on the 100 Series and LX470 up to 2005... If it has the POS secondary air system this won't work.

Summit has the cheapest price I could find.

Doug Thorley Headers THY-561-SS-C

If these headers weren't illegal in California, I would already have them on my 100.

If these headers weren't illegal in California, I would already have them on my 100.
What a genius state. Your truck leaks unmitigated fumes straight from the combustion chamber bypassing the cats because the replacement part doesn't have the required stamp of approval. Just pure genius.

What a genius state. Your truck leaks unmitigated fumes straight from the combustion chamber bypassing the cats because the replacement part doesn't have the required stamp of approval. Just pure genius.

The state and its law makers pretend to care about the environment. When you look past the surface its all funded by the same billionaires and energy companies.

That’s where I just ordered them from. What secondary air system do you mean? It’s going on a 2000 LX
Be thankful you don't have it... LOL

Seriously... SAI it's a vehicle emissions system. The LC100 2006-2007 have it.

And have I said it's a POS?

the problem is that both vvt and without vvt manifolds share the same mount flange, all have 8 mounting studs. The sai part isn't bolted to anything and is part of the assembly. You'd have to have something to cover those 4 holes.

if you had that, then you could. You'd have to cut the whole mounting flange off and re attach it to the old style manifold and re weld it.
unless you can professionally weld this for free it will cost more than just buying the ones that fit right.

Looking back. I should have welded up the sai flange on the manifold, ground the face smooth and leave the mounting studs in place. Then you could bolt it up to the aluminum pipes that go up to the valves without a block off place or a gasket and not worry about any leaks, or messing up that aluminum pipe that comes down from the valves behind the starter area.

IMG_20191206_080022.jpg

IMG_20191206_075909.jpg

IMG_20200416_134035.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom