How/where can I get the hardware needed to install an OEM bug guard/hood deflector? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mrq

Threads
Hi, all!

4 or 5 months ago I picked up a OEM bug guard off of a guy from Craigslist.
I was under the impression that it came with the hardware but he ended up not having it. So I lowballed him and got the bug guard for $20.

So anyways, I need hardware to install it. Do I need screws or are they clips that install the bug guard? I looked on Ebay & Cruiserparts but couldn’t find any.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or if anyone by chance has the hardware and isn’t using it — can I buy it from you?

Below is an image of the guard just resting under my hood — not attached.

C80F7D47-A273-4745-A607-F9C6DA5798B5.jpeg

Last edited:
UPDATE:

After searching around on Google I read that many people have used VBH double sided mounting tape to adhere their hood deflectors to their hoods. (Some aftermarket hood defectors even come with pre-installed adhesive tape for mounting).
I’m going to go to Lowe’s tomorrow and pick up some 3M double sided mounting tape and see if I can’t mount the hood deflector that way.

Wish me luck!

If it doesn’t end up working or holding up then I will need to get the hardware somehow.

6B114E10-D310-4336-8998-EEDCD6FC2446.jpeg

UPDATE 2:

I was able to find a hardware kit on Spector Off-road. I didn’t think to look there.

UPDATE 2:

I was able to find a hardware kit on Spector Off-road. I didn’t think to look there.
Does the kit include the little rubber bumpers that stick to the hood to keep the bug guard from wearing holes in your paint?

My father's old 94 4runner had the bug guard, so I'm a little biased in saying I like the look of it on my 92. Definitely helps in heavy rain.
IMG_3308.JPG

My father's old 94 4runner had the bug guard, so I'm a little biased in saying I like the look of it on my 92. Definitely helps in heavy rain

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm quite curious about how these help in heavy rain. What does it do for rain?

Thank you!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm quite curious about how these help in heavy rain. What does it do for rain?

Thank you!
Mine never did anything but collect bugs. I tossed it as soon as I got the truck home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom