Brake Proportioning Valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It comes pre-adjusted, but I also provide a manual on how to adjust and test.

The default setting should work for stock rigs, but different folks run different tire sizes and suspension setups, so the optimal setting depends on the truck.

Perhaps this is obvious.... but with an adjustable valve, does this make obsolete the residual valve in the stock proportioning valve?
so if the discs need 2 pounds of residual vs the drums needing 10. one would adjust that ratio accordingly? so 20% more pressure to the back brakes.?

Do you have any portioning valves available now, haven’t seen these on your site.
I've transition over to a reproduction valve, so I no longer sell adjustable valves:

Anyone aware of another source for an adjustable proportion valve?

I have the Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve on my Mini and I like it. Mines a little older but you can get them here:

I have the Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve on my Mini and I like it. Mines a little older but you can get them here:

I like it! Looks like there are some good options here. Thanks Will. :clap:

@Racer65 I know you are carrying the oe style, but any plans to offer these as an option at any point in the future. Great option for using with a disc swap rear. If not, has anyone tried to bolt the wilwood option up in a similar fashion?

Why would it be an advantage?

Perhaps I don't understand how much the oe version reduces pressure to the rear, but since those valves would have been set up for a drum rear, being able to adjust the bias after a rear disc conversion with the ability to mount it in-line without having to modify the stock lines just seems like it would be advantageous for a rear disc swap. But that's just my thought.

I found a wilwood one that has 10x1 female fittings that I'm gonna give a try.

Perhaps I don't understand how much the oe version reduces pressure to the rear, but since those valves would have been set up for a drum rear, being able to adjust the bias after a rear disc conversion with the ability to mount it in-line without having to modify the stock lines just seems like it would be advantageous for a rear disc swap. But that's just my thought.

I found a wilwood one that has 10x1 female fittings that I'm gonna give a try.
My adjustable valve was also aimed at the stock setup, so I don't know its effectiveness in a 4 wheel disc brake vehicle. In a stock vehicle, the optimal setting is about 1 turn away from minimal pressure. Therefore, there's a limitation on how much further it can reduce pressure. I suppose the Wildwood valve would be about the same. In the absence of data, I suggest looking to people's experience with various aftermarket valves. It's not a problem for me to bring back the adjustable valve, but I don't want to set the expectation that it'll meet the needs of a converted 4 wheel disc setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom