Highway Tire Choice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Michelin Defenders. For mainly highway use you will be very happy.

Dad only buys Michelins for his Pilots, has since he purchased the first Pilot new in 2003. Just put them on his new 2018 Pilot. Always tried to get me to purchase but really I couldn't stomach the price at the time. Never heard anything but good things for them but maybe when I have a bit more dispensable money I will go with them.

To throw another alternative out there, take a look at Cooper tires. Have put multiple versions of them on both our cars without issue. Wife originally ran Cooper HTPs on the 4Runner, which were rated at 50k and we got 55k out them before they needed replacement. Just last year we put Cooper Discoverer AT3 LT on the 4Runner and they have been doing great. Her previous vehicle was a 2008 Highlander that we put HTPs on as well and loved them on that.

For my FJ60 I ran Cooper S/T Maxx's (I take her offroad often) and those were phenomenal tires. Just wish they had lasted longer than the 28k I got out of them. But that isn't bad for a "non-mileage" rate tire. Just put Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT on my 60 and have been loving them, about 5lbs lighter per tire so starting to see the little bit of extra gas mileage but only have one tank outta her so far. Look almost as nice and aggressive as the S/T Maxx but not quite. Definitely the XLT are more aggressive than the LT.

Every one of the tires has done incredible in the snow for us. Regardless of it being deep, fresh, just plowed all have done great and provide great braking traction.

The speed rating on the michelins is crazy. If i recall, they only come in a 130 mph rating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom