LX470 died on the highway (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

camo51

SILVER Star
Threads
Driving to work the other day cruising along at 65mph going up a slight hill. All of a sudden with no noise at all, the engine was fine but getting no power to the wheels. I pulled off to the side of the road and called a tow truck. While waiting I tried putting it in H and L, all the gears, and am getting nothing. Even tried engaging the CDL and it doesnt make a difference. It just rolled back down the hill. The transmission fluid smells fine but a little dark.

Going to check the cv axles and splines shortly. Any other thoughts on what could be wrong?

If the CDL indeed engaged and it still didn’t have power, I’m afraid it’s most likely the transmission. Did you hear the click and the appropriate lights came on?

Model year 2000?

Model year 2000?

Unfortunately it seems to check out.

@camo51 he asked because the model year 2000 transmission seems to be a known potential weak point.

@camo51 he asked because the model year 2000 transmission seems to be a known potential weak point.
330,000 miles
Cdl light does turn and I do hear the click underneath.
Like, limp mode, or truly no engine activity or anything?
Engine runs fine. No weird noises or anything on that part.

Forgot to add, that 2000 was taken out by a head on collision just a few months after that post. Luckily no one died.

If you don’t have any other leads, you might try throwing a new mass airflow sensor in it. Wasn’t on a Land Cruiser, but on an old F150 it actually kinda mimicked what you’re talking about. Could probably test the voltage coming from the current one, I just don’t know enough about how that circuit functions to give you a knowledgeable “here’s what you’re looking for”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom