I am back after almost 10 years. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As you can see by my avatar, at one time we owned 2 80’s. And the ADs are in the archives on his board . See my two ads almost made me cry not for the 92 , she was worn out But our 95 was literally a limousine..... God I mess her !!!! but the strangest thing happened to me last week. I sold some military gear, the guy paid me extra because he didn’t want to drive up here to Pahrump to pick it up so he paid me to take it to him in Vegas. On his street I saw a 100 series LC with a for sale sign on it. And on my way out of his development I stopped ,call the guy that owned it ,he came out and showed me then we went on a test drive ,I looked at all the fluids, I crawled underneath it and I asked him about it. The guy was just a kid he had to be like about somewhere between 27 to 31, He was quite honest about it. they bought the thing to do some camping and pull the trailer of their stuff from Utah to Las Vegas. Well the thing had a ripped CV boot, the interior is not ripped up but well used there’s a DVD player where the domelight would be that the screen is glued in, The side windshield rails are gone and there’s a big dent in the back door that whoever fixed it I sure didn’t do a very good job. I thought to myself all this thing needs is some TLC. We talked for a while and he knew his LC’s, he said the one that he’d really like to have is the 105 with the solid axle in front and I told him my stories of rock crawling in my fj80. I told him I didn’t want to waste anymore of his time but I did ask how much you wanted for it and he said 5 grand. I reminded him that you can get show room beautiful ones for 10 grand coming out of California all day long. I told him I’ll give you 2 grand cash right now. And to my surprise he said OK, so I told him to drive it to the Albertson’s a block away off the highway and I had AAA take her home for me . While waiting for the truck, I said what in the hell have I done !!! So if you want to see what a $2000 Dollar,, Hell I don’t even know what year the thing is, lol FJ 100 looks like, this is it .

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Talk about impulse purchases! Albertson’s should start having these trucks in the checkout line next to the candy :)

Looks like a nice truck. Good luck and welcome back!

You are a thief SIR! Tires are worth that. GOOD going and welcome back home...

Seems like a great deal. Not sure what year/mileage you’re taking about, but i can tell you that post-03 low mileage clean trucks from CA are more like 20k—I felt very lucky to get an 04 from San Francisco with 130 and minor body damage for 15...

But well done!

Last edited:
Well done ! Needs nothing...put some gas and enjoy!

Reactions: uHu
Seems like a great deal. Not sure what year/mileage you’re taking about, but i can tell you that post-03 low mileage clean trucks from CA are more like 20k—I felt very lucky to get an 04 from San Francisco with 130 and minor body damage for 15...

But we’ll done!

might be pre 03, those are around 7-10k all day long.. for good samples. Post 05 is stupid expensive might as well get a 200.

Awesome. Check door jam for date.

But we’ll done!
I don’t know what site you’re looking at, on craigslist I see 99‘s to 2002’s all day long for $9 to $12 from So Ca.

I’m gonna do about the same stuff that I did to my 92 fj80,,I spent the weekend surfing the web for parts places for the stuff that I’m looking to do to it. I always wanted a snorkel, it really wasn’t a big deal when I had the 2 80’s. Seems to be a cool thing now a days. Taking those damn CATs off. Actually found a company that makes a bolt on exhaust system without the cats for the 100 series ,that’s in the United States not in Australia. And since I’m going to have that driveshaft off to change the boot might as well Service the bearings. The biggest cosmetic thing I’m gonna do to her is paint her.

I don’t know what site you’re looking at, on craigslist I see 99‘s to 2002’s all day long for $9 to $12 from So Ca.

Ok, fair enough—different years.

What year/mileage is the $2k truck?

I started to give her a power washer cleaning today and at least I found out what year she is, The kid I bought this off of had his registration in The glove box with the manual and a couple spare lightbulbs.

7AD0CB90-D202-4CC3-AD22-7EB077A642FF.jpeg

OK you guys already know I I don’t know squat about the 100 series, what is the deal with this big ass plastic cover over the engine ?? Is it for heat dissipation or is it just for looks?

EA752F83-A3F6-49F8-B4F8-914890F49534.jpeg

Hosed the engine compartment down with purple power cleaner, waited about 40 minutes then pressure washed her.

8CB553E6-6FB1-4724-93A5-ED92E863EE56.jpeg

DC57BCE3-5BD9-4B47-8EDF-AF9DEEF41CD9.jpeg

Then I did the whole thing ,because before the guy put the for sale sign on it, looks like they went off-roading with all the mud on it in. our mud here in southern Nevada sticks like glue !! The other reason why I wanted to use the pressure washer was to test the window seals because when I sold our 92 you couldn’t take it through a car wash because water would be rolling in from the top of the windshield.... The sun is a killer here, but No leaks !!! You just can’t believe how happy that alone made me. I’ll be doing a lot of cosmetic painting and Rust control in the engine compartment tomorrow .

6EC5FD78-2583-4F36-A842-6B1A55B8231F.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom