Defaced H-55 Shift Knob (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When I installed the H55 and didn't have a knob, I realized it has the same shift pattern as my long deceased Alfa GTV6. A little digging in the archives and.....

IMG_20190316_154540.jpg

When I bought my fj62, the shift pattern was missing, just like your first picture. I replaced with this one.

s-l1600 2.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

hey 60 works ,

is this what u are referring to ?

That's the rubber knob listed in Toyota's IPC as correct for the H-55F.

When I built Frankie we didn't have CityRacer's wonderful supply of rare parts. I followed an old thread (might have been another one of @Spikestrip's super helpful suggestions) to find the odd shaped knob (might be a 40 knob), purchased it, and moved the bezel to the original 4-speed knob . (Well, actually I moved it onto an old transfercase knob because it wasn't worn and looked like new.)

That's the rubber knob listed in Toyota's IPC as correct for the H-55F.

When I built Frankie we didn't have CityRacer's wonderful supply of rare parts. I followed an old thread (might have been another one of @Spikestrip's super helpful suggestions) to find the odd shaped knob (might be a 40 knob), purchased it, and moved the bezel to the original 4-speed knob . (Well, actually I moved it onto an old transfercase knob because it wasn't worn and looked like new.)

View attachment 1929920

View attachment 1929921
NSFW -- since this became a 'show me your balls' thread.... :oops:

It took a bit of research on my end , but when i buy just the Aluminum Cover from City Racer , for a repair or retrofit I found that

a
JB Weld skim coat to adhere it to the rubber knob body works like " TEETS " :grinpimp:

never had one fail yet

how u folks get the new disc to stay on ?

if its
trade-craft i understand .................:poof::poof::poof::poof::poof:

I used 3M 1357 contact adhesive. It's the adhesive commonly used (along with 3M 1300L) to glue rubber de-ice boots onto the aluminum leading edge of aircraft wings.

If it falls off occasionally it gives you the chance to re-clock it to the orientation where the knob is sufficiently tight on the stick.

I've used all kind of shift knobs - The metal ones get waaaay too hot in CA summers. I settled on this one from Fleabay

I wanted to buy this Trans, T'case pair (and still would) from CruiserCrap @mmw68 ;) but they've been unavailable for some time, now. ...

This my Dream Shifter Balls ...........

take note how it is same style as the late 70's landcruiser ones

this ball has ' BALLS " :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom