Wanted H55 Conversion- bell housing boots (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John Staton

SILVER Star
Threads
I am not sure what you would call these but I am looking for the rubber boots that would fit in the bell housing. I think they are more like dust covers. I am in the middle of my H55 conversion and both of these were not there. I am calling them boots because the fork actually goes through the one on the passenger side. The truck is an '83. Pics below of the two holes I am talking about. Can I get these new? Anyone know what I would call them or part numbers??

I will be done Monday, by the way. We had a pair of later model drive shafts and they were the exact length needed, which i thought was interesting. I will do a write up on the conversion.

FJ60BHBoots.JPEG
FJ60BHBoots2.JPEG

Here is the Canadian Toyota site.
Clutch & release fork. For 1987 Toyota Land Cruiser STATION WAGON G TYPE 4000CC DIESEL, MANUAL, 5-SPEED | Toyota Parts Direct

Part is pretty reasonable price really. If you are looking for H55 parts, since we sold them with the 2H select
1987 with 4000 cc diesel with 5 speed manual and you should get appropriate diagrams to help you look for parts.

I have an H55 and I have had it out twice, but I don't recall there being a rubber boot cover on the other side
of the clutch fork. Have you got a picture? I didn't find a part but you might want to look harder on the website
than I did.

Found it....Cruiser Corps sells them but they are out of stock. Really the only place I could find it, but there was one on ebay that was in great condition for $14.

FJ60dustboot2.jpg

FJ60dustboot.jpg

I am not sure what you would call these but I am looking for the rubber boots that would fit in the bell housing. I think they are more like dust covers. I am in the middle of my H55 conversion and both of these were not there. I am calling them boots because the fork actually goes through the one on the passenger side. The truck is an '83. Pics below of the two holes I am talking about. Can I get these new? Anyone know what I would call them or part numbers??

I will be done Monday, by the way. We had a pair of later model drive shafts and they were the exact length needed, which i thought was interesting. I will do a write up on the conversion.

View attachment 1813813 View attachment 1813814

Waiting for your write up. I need to rebuild my split case and get moving on my h55 swap. I also have an 83.

Waiting for your write up. I need to rebuild my split case and get moving on my h55 swap. I also have an 83.
I will include the thread I used. I am not very mechanical but did a lot of research and hung out with some guys one Saturday as they made the swap in their garage. I got everything together and actually have a good friend that has a hot rod shop doing it. They are incredibly knowledgeable, but to supply them with all the parts and all the different details and gotchas they would run into was a real plus. I learned a few things that I did not pick up from the threads I will include.

Our stock on certain items changes daily. This particular item is a regular stick item. If you are in need of it. We can call you and put the order thru. It will be sent out pretty quick.

Thanks Mike

Our stock on certain items changes daily. This particular item is a regular stick item. If you are in need of it. We can call you and put the order thru. It will be sent out pretty quick.

Thanks Mike
Thanks.!!!...I have ordered from you guys before and had a really good experience. I am wanting to pop these on asap as I get my truck back tomorrow. The used one looked to be in good shape...will give you a shout if for some reason it is not.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom