Suspension kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
fj40bugcatcher.dyndns.org
I've seen several suspension kits stating they fit 1964-1980, but the Chassis & Body manual for my FJ40 (1962 FJ40) covers 1958-7/70. So I have some confusion to whether those kits will fit my FJ40?

Does anyone know anything on this issue?

Robert

I've seen several suspension kits stating they fit 1964-1980, but the Chassis & Body manual for my FJ40 (1962 FJ40) covers 1958-7/70. So I have some confusion to whether those kits will fit my FJ40?

Does anyone know anything on this issue?

Robert

The spring hanger and eye dimensions are the issue. Certainly after '70 more than the springs changed, ie fuel tanks, signals,
wiring etc.
But it means that the basics of replacing your springs didn't change. So you shouldn't have too much to worry about.
I'll post the pdf from OME Old Man Emu for their kits. Be ready, shock absorbers seem to cost as much as a spring pack
now, so essentially 'just replacing springs' isn't all that expensive, but doing the works is pricey.
I recommend minimum shocks as well as springs and bushings as well. Old bushings are not something to reuse.
OME has anti inversion shackles that are greasable and they also have straight greasable shackles. Anti inversion
shackles are expensive and not totally required by any means.
And @cruiseroutfit is someone I get my stuff from, highly recommended.

Attachments

• toyotaLandCruiser40.pdf
    97.3 KB · Views: 72

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom