Electrical issues and OBD code mystery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I'd really appreciate any insight on the following issues my wife's 2000 FJ100 (201k miles) is having. First a quick intro:
I spend majority of my time on this site over on the 60 forum, that's what I drive (build thread here). My wife drives the 100, and for the last 9 odd years we've had no issues with the wagon, but that changed today with a pretty big electrical issue.
In the last three days she told me that the stability control was disengaging while she was driving, usually going around corners at speed. I was planing to take a look tonight but when she came back from base the issue had escalated. The center diff lock light was on, as well as 'VSC off' light illuminated. I tried driving the car and sure enough the lockers were engaged (she never drives it off road, btw). I drove the car to O'reilleys to get the computer diagnostics and they pulled the following codes: C1223 (ABS), C1246(master cylinder pressure), and C1340(center diff). Seems like an odd combination to me, oddly, I had no indication that either the ABS or the brakes were having any issues.
The real mystery was that after I got in the car and fired it up there were no lights on the dash... Or anywhere in the cabin. Dome lights, button backlighting, nothing. Center diff was disengaged and the car drove fine but I couldn't roll up the windows. The heated seats worked, and the stereo clock was illuminated (stock radio), otherwise the interior didn't seem to have power. The car seemed to shift fine and I have no indication that there's any other problem, but I didn't try driving at speed or anything so I have no way of knowing.
I tried searching briefly on the forum for answers, but the odd combination of symptoms and my lack of experience with this platform has handicapped me, I'd really appreciate any guidance from the group.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom