Anyone using Yakima Railgrabs on their 100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sleepycruiser

I will get by….I will survive -Touch of Grey LC200
Threads
If so, what size claws are you using? I picked up some used Railgrabs and I think it has the small claws and it doesn’t reach the bottom or the actual rail....it would go into the slit in the rail, but that isn’t correct. Any pics installed? Preferably from the middle of the roof towards the railgrab.

Replacement Large Claw Assembly for Yakima Railgrab Yakima Accessories and Parts Y80144

Medium Claws for Yakima RailGrab Roof Rack Towers - Qty 2 Yakima Accessories and Parts Y8880205

Replacement Small Claw Assembly for Yakima RailGrab Roof Rack Towers Yakima Accessories and Parts Y8

I went with the longer claw - your first link - holds the MegaWarrior on tight. Not a fan of the air noise hum so I don't keep mine on. Ended up getting a long 5mm hex key to make quick work of adjusting the bars, too.

Cool, so you have the factory rails, railgrabs, and the large claws? Thanks.

Thanks. Wish I could get them quickly. I need new bars too....48” will not cut itttwont even reach.

Correct - you'll have plenty of room to adjust the claw under the rail.

Do you by chance have any pictures of how that connects? I ordered the large claws but then it looks like I should have gotten the mediums. Yakima’s installation guide actually shows the small claws that would go into the center slit in the rail, but I couldn’t get them tight enough.

The large claw grabs the bottom of the rail. My thinking is to get as much meat as possible between the outer mount and the inner claw. Once you have the claw height adjusted, then you're just using your hex key on the offset hex screw to tight and loosen. Easy on/easy off.
IMG_3168.JPG

I was actually able to install the feet with the small claws, but I agree with you....they need more surface contact. As luck would have it the claws came in today instead of the projected 4 days from now....so I get to redo all of that again. Thanks for the pic and advice!

I use the older style lowrider yak. Pictured below, on both trucks and supporting arb awnings. 10's of thousands of miles on this set up with zero issues. On big trips, i'll add the 3rd cross bar if I happen to need a coffin.

VJzS6h9.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sure it is the medium claws that fit. The large won’t move far enough up to grab the bar. I tightened it as much as possible and there was still 1/4” not touching and even tightened up all the amway the arch could be pushed up and move.

I use the older style lowrider yak. Pictured below, on both trucks and supporting arb awnings. 10's of thousands of miles on this set up with zero issues. On big trips, i'll add the 3rd cross bar if I happen to need a coffin.

VJzS6h9.jpg

Can I see the awning mount side?

100 and 200 look great together!

Thanks @Greenbean

This is the what the mounting set up looks like. It is beyond stout as it's 3/16" steel. I procured 2 sets from AimCOtaco, for both rigs.

The pics below belong to AimCOtaco and it shows the railgrabs. If you need to see lowriders I can get a pic later.

I do not know if @AimCOtaco is still making these but I'm sure he'll chime in.

Helpful link. Mounting Awning/Racks to Yakima bars

img_20130813_182412_452-jpg.798420

img_20130703_131507_856-jpg.1264992

I went with the longer claw - your first link - holds the MegaWarrior on tight. Not a fan of the air noise hum so I don't keep mine on. Ended up getting a long 5mm hex key to make quick work of adjusting the bars, too.

@leucadiacruiser can you post a pic showing your load warrior and these claws?

Why dont just go with Thule crossroads like type of arrangement? They go around the whole roof rails and sit tight. No guessing if your put them on tight or not. like the ones below.

thule crossroad - Google Search

I already had the railgrabs.
Yakima makes a new foot that wraps around as well.

I have Mediums on the way due to a mishap with the small claws I was using. If anyone needs a set of Large, I have them.

I have the older lowriders. They are probably 15 years old and have been on 2 or 3 different vehicles. Work great.

What length bars are you running ?
48" - they just make it out of the bracket. I've run 58" in them, too. I like how clean it looks with the shorter bar and maybe it's an illusion, but it seems quieter with the shorter bars. Like I said above, I don't leave this on full time and this setup is mostly for throwing a couple boxes and a Sherpa bag on top to haul snow gear and food with the rig full of people and dog.

Weird. 48” bars didn’t work at all for me...they were too short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom