running wires / cables through the firewall. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
how is everyone running wires through the firewall. the boot on the drivers side is about full and I still need to run some through. where are you drilling and what grommets are you using? post some pics of locations. between my lights, cb, lcp fan, I'm nowhere close to having enough room.

how is everyone running wires through the firewall. the boot on the drivers side is about full and I still need to run some through. where are you drilling and what grommets are you using? post some pics of locations. between my lights, cb, lcp fan, I'm nowhere close to having enough room.

You can use the AC grommet on the PS. BUT you can also drill a new hole and use the same plug as the one you are currently using. There is room to add more.

You can fit a lot in that grommet try wire lube:D

Mis-post

You can fit a lot in that grommet try wire lube:D
alittle spit... no I have my disconnect covering it with some spacers leaving access but I also have my cb coax running through there and when I have everything on I can hear it in my cb... I need more options

IMG_20170304_150308417.jpg

4B910828-6D4A-4A82-A2DA-17FFE78A8170.jpeg
F4D05351-DF35-4AA9-80A5-7ABD2F9B0409.jpeg
5F1737D7-67AF-4897-A946-D603BCF60916.jpeg
9D840B43-779F-45F4-BAC0-508440A4BDDF.jpeg
9D7F7669-85F8-4324-968C-2300754766E8.jpeg
I snaked 1/0 through the main harness grommet in the upper passenger firewall - right behind the airbox. I found it surprisingly easy. There are a few blanks in the grommet that can be used to create a good seal, and no drilling required. After nipping off the end of the rubber blank, I fed a small piece of string through, then pulled the heavy gauge wire (well lubed) through.

Reviving this thread...Anyone use the existing hole on the drivers side of the firewall (the one covered by the OP's disconnect) to run wires? If so what grommet did you use to seal it up? I do not want to drill any new holes in my firewall.

Reviving this thread...Anyone use the existing hole on the drivers side of the firewall (the one covered by the OP's disconnect) to run wires? If so what grommet did you use to seal it up? I do not want to drill any new holes in my firewall.
F6BF77B9-F4CC-488A-9CB0-5B93ECA8F58C.jpeg

You can run a power wire to an aux fuse box under the passenger seat like SLEE does, I have to give kudos to Pinhead for pointing me in that direction. Thank you Pinhead!
Slee - Interior Fuse Box (Toyota 80 Series Land Cruiser)

Did you guys run a positive and negative to the battery? I am installing a Blue Sea Fuse block on the rear quarter panel. It will run my front, side, and rear roof lights and the OBA compressor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom