Brake calipers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Edit post. My response was for rear. Not sure on fronts but if anyone knows John at Radd Cruisers would since he knew what I needed for my rear disks. Try giving him a call

The same whether 15" or 16" wheels JDM or Domestic. HDJ, HZJ. FZJ or LX450Lx
4Runners should X-fit certain years.

It depends which year of truck you have, 90-92 are smaller callipers compared to 93-97 model years....

I did the big brake upgrade on my 91 and used 93+ Callipers

You can use ToyoDIY to check the part #'s and compare.

The same whether 15" or 16" wheels JDM or Domestic. HDJ, HZJ. FZJ or LX450Lx
4Runners should X-fit certain years.

Your likely thinking rears......

Just because the part numbers are different doesnt mean there not the same , i hope you realise. As a general rule full float rear ends are the bigger 93 and up. Some people will try and beef up the semi floater by putting in the bigger brakes from a full floater and add the center caps to look like a full floater. I've had a few of the jdm's and older pre 92's and always put in a full float rear end . Alot if not most i see have already been converted already. And just because it has 15 " rims doesnt mean it has the smaller brakes either.

Fronts
You gave no indication of year
I use big HZJ79 series pads they fit my 93FZJ, 90HDJ81 and my SC'd 97FZJ this tells me calipers are the same. Usually X-ref'd domestic parts for the JDM without issue.

I need some help to.
Iv got a 1990 HDJ81. Im looking for a new front LH side brake caliper. Anyone have a number for this?
Can this be bought at napa or lordco?

Thanks.

I remember reading rear calipers from GX460 and 4RUNNERs fit later 80 series. Anyone can confirm this?

I need some help to.
Iv got a 1990 HDJ81. Im looking for a new front LH side brake caliper. Anyone have a number for this?
Can this be bought at napa or lordco?

Thanks.

Should be 47750-60030, should be the same as '91-92 FJ80's in North America.

I remember reading rear calipers from GX460 and 4RUNNERs fit later 80 series. Anyone can confirm this?

The part number for the 2010 GX460 47730-34030 REAR CALIPER does not show as crossing over to the 80 series. Its possible they will fit but be a different caliper.

It depends which year of truck you have, 90-92 are smaller callipers compared to 93-97 model years....

I did the big brake upgrade on my 91 and used 93+ Callipers

pre-8/92 use smaller front brakes to suit 15" wheels. Post 7/92 use larger front brakes to suit 16" wheels.

The calipers for smaller front brakes and bigger ones are different and cannot be interchanged.

I have no idea if the rear disk brakes had a size change.

pre-8/92 use smaller front brakes to suit 15" wheels. Post 7/92 use larger front brakes to suit 16" wheels.

The calipers for smaller front brakes and bigger ones are different and cannot be interchanged.

I have no idea if the rear disk brakes had a size change.

Rear disk brakes were upgraded after 92 as well. Calipers looked identical to the old ones though. I did 93+ upgrade on fronts and back and used 100 series pads in the front calipers. Here’s a couple pics for comparison. Note the size difference of the back plates.

Please ignore my ugly feet while gazing. :barefoot:

0A60D5AE-7923-4B56-AE76-46185D9982DF.jpeg

F0526BEA-D599-4DC3-8A88-CC1F80A6D4A6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom