Brake master cylinder cap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, looking for a source for either a new or used brake master cylinder cap that wont hurt the wallet too much. I have air in the lines that I cant seem to get out (possibly the ABS system) even after multiple bleedings. So I'm going to make a home brew pressure bleeding system but need a cap i can drill out to add a nipple to. thanks in advance

I made one of these with a wide rubber stopper. My local hardware store is pretty good with stocking odd stuff like this, but the one I have is about an inch thick and the "conical" part fits very snugly within the inner opening of the MC reservoir - whatever that inner diameter happens to be (2"?). To add pressure, I used a ball inflation needle simply inserted through a hole I drilled with a 1/16" bit. The inflation needle stays put under pressure just from the friction fit. The main "trick" is having a couple of tie-down straps to keep the stopper wedged into the reservoir when it's under pressure. I use a couple of bicycle toe straps (for those who remember what those are), but I'm sure you can rig some up some other sort of strap or clamp system. Pressure comes from a hand bicycle pump (I fear using my compressor would be too difficult to regulate).

The method I use (shamelessly copied from a YotaTech post) is a plumbing fitting called a no-hub it is essentially a rubber fitting with different sized ends. One goes over your brake reservoir with a hose clamp, the other end to a pipe nipple and an air hose fitting. I use a small air compressor dialed down to 10-12 psi. I've been using this method to bleed brakes for 10 years and will never go back the old ways.

Hi guys, looking for a source for either a new or used brake master cylinder cap that wont hurt the wallet too much. I have air in the lines that I cant seem to get out (possibly the ABS system) even after multiple bleedings. So I'm going to make a home brew pressure bleeding system but need a cap i can drill out to add a nipple to. thanks in advance

wrecking yards are good I use a garden sprayer I have had good luck with it

The method I use (shamelessly copied from a YotaTech post) is a plumbing fitting called a no-hub it is essentially a rubber fitting with different sized ends. One goes over your brake reservoir with a hose clamp, the other end to a pipe nipple and an air hose fitting. I use a small air compressor dialed down to 10-12 psi. I've been using this method to bleed brakes for 10 years and will never go back the old ways.
Do you have a pic of this set up? I have been wanting to make a power bleeding system for a while now and haven't decided which direction I want to go, but this sounds good.

Ok Google I found them for 8.50 Oh what year is your cruiser

Do you have a pic of this set up? I have been wanting to make a power bleeding system for a while now and haven't decided which direction I want to go, but this sounds good.

Here is my DIY bleeder , I just bought a garden sprayer and used a barbed nipple and new MC cap

20170513_162506.jpg

20170513_162512.jpg

Dayum, some mud diy right there! I figured out lots about compressed air long ago,
but brakes? This is new to me and I like it. Thumbs up.

Here is my DIY bleeder , I just bought a garden sprayer and used a barbed nipple and new MC cap

View attachment 1708162

View attachment 1708163
I have that same sprayer. So you just fill it with brake fluid and let it rip?

I use the one I have all the time. I call it my little buddy. I use it to squirt water on stuff I am cleaning so I don't contribute any more to the future Superfund site that my driveway could become if I just washed everything with a garden hose or pressure washer.

I can get another one though, no problem.

Dayum, some mud diy right there! I figured out lots about compressed air long ago,
but brakes? This is new to me and I like it. Thumbs up.

When using it you only do about 4-6 pumps and you tighten the MC cap hose clamps and relieve the air before taking MC cap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom