Anyone running 305/70/17 on 17x9? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What does it take it run this set up without rubbing? I don’t want to rub on or off-road. 305/70/17 is 33.86 x 12.24”. Any reason I should consider running a 295 instead?

Last edited:
Lifted? No data = no help

I'm sitting at 2.5" of lift and I have 285/70/17's on a 17x9" wheel. I can't imagine getting a 305 in there without serious body work.

It can certainly be done as there are plenty of guys running around with 35's but not without working for it!

We have that but with 285/70-17 and it still requires a body mount chop, some plastic trimming and heat gunning.

A more negative offset can actually make rubbing worse.

I’m planning on running WGW sliders and SSO bumpers. Does this change anything as far as clearance?

Ok I’m planning on OME regular kit or BP51. How about 295/70/17 with 17x9 -12 offset?

I have Level 8 Mk6 wheels that are 17x9 -12 and I'm running 285/70/17's. With an Icon lift set right around 2.5" and some plastic cutting I was able to fit the wheels without rubbing.

I have yet to do a BMC and I can turn lock to lock without rubbing on basic street terrain. I'm not sure if I'll start rubbing under compression though.

I'll be doing a BMC when I get some free time, just to increase my clearance.

With my setup there is literally less than a 1/4" of clearance at the body mount. Running boards had to go, wheel well liners were heat gun molded and plastic had to be cut from the trail edge of the front bumper.

Moral of the story is you wont fit a larger tire without cutting metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom