Meetings (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm down..

Hey guys,

I'm moving back to Birmingham this weekend with my wife and 2 dogs. We've been in Nashville for the past 3 years, but due to a new job we are moving to AL. Just wanted to see if there is a monthly meeting or get together, so I could meet some of the local cruiser guys.

Looks like the activity of DLC has died down a little over the years, but wanted to see if we could arrange for a monthly get together or trail ride coming up in the next few weeks. I know it's hard with kids and sports, etc but worth a shot.

Let me know what everyone thinks.

-Cole

Welcome back. I'm game to meet or trail ride,wrench, drink whatever. I'm not a good organizer. I'm better at just showing up when you guys say so. I live in the Helena/Alabaster area and work in the hoover area. What area area you going to be moving to?

Welcome back. I'm game to meet or trail ride,wrench, drink whatever. I'm not a good organizer. I'm better at just showing up when you guys say so. I live in the Helena/Alabaster area and work in the hoover area. What area area you going to be moving to?
We are moving to Cahaba Heights. I've been searching through old DLC threads here trying to find local trails and it seems like Cahaba WMA and Skyline in TNF are popular spots. I'd be fun to get a group ride at one of those places in the next few weekends.

Last edited:
What time frame are you thinking? I’ve never been either and would like to, but tomorrow is unlikely due to early afternoon obligations. (I’m in Birmingham).

Went to the WMA two weeks ago and many of the trails were barred off.

Any meet-ups coming up/who organizes?

Out of town next 4 weekends.

How about a meet at Trim Tab Brewery. 2721 5th Ave S, Birmingham, Alabama 35233. Huge patio outdoors next to where people park in grass/gravel, with tree cover. Would be a good spot to enjoy a beer and kick a tire. Propose this thurs at 5:45 or 6 if anyone is interested, but can certainly look further out on the calendar.

Out of town next 4 weekends.

How about a meet at Trim Tab Brewery. 2721 5th Ave S, Birmingham, Alabama 35233. Huge patio outdoors next to where people park in grass/gravel, with tree cover. Would be a good spot to enjoy a beer and kick a tire. Propose this thurs at 5:45 or 6 if anyone is interested, but can certainly look further out on the calendar.
I’m in, sounds fun

I'm in for Trim Tab this Thursday.

I can do next week after Memorial day, but am out of town this week. But, lets get it back to a regular meetup and there are plenty of day trip rides near Birmingham. I've really only been using my 100/trailer setup out West and want to do more stuff locally.

Sorry can't do Wed or Thurs night this week - wish I could I'd like to meet some of the newer guys. Glad y'all are cranking this back up. In the old days we used to meet at the old Cahaba Brewery bc one of the owners was in the club but he sold his LX450 back in 2017

Sorry can't do Wed or Thurs night this week - wish I could I'd like to meet some of the newer guys. Glad y'all are cranking this back up. In the old days we used to meet at the old Cahaba Brewery bc one of the owners was in the club but he sold his LX450 back in 2017
How often were the meetings in the past?

Would y'all want to do every other week or once a month to meet on a week night (Wed/Thurs) at a different brewery around town?

Also, I think we should set up one Sat or Sun a month to do a club day ride. Either out to Cahaba WMA, Talladega NF or just backroads around cool areas.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I'd say once a month at first to get everything up and going again. I do travel a lot for work, but will attend any time I'm in Birmingham. I'm always game for a short trip or even longer trips throughout the Southeast.

The Alabama Overland FB page groups has had a few meet ups at the Billy's location at Libery Park in the last year and organized a TNF cleanup.
Alabama Overland

Good to know, that's right down the street from me. I'll have my wife join since I don't do social media.

I think a long weekend trip doing the Georgia Traverse or Hurricane Creek up in Western NC would be pretty cool.

How often were the meetings in the past?

Would y'all want to do every other week or once a month to meet on a week night (Wed/Thurs) at a different brewery around town?

Also, I think we should set up one Sat or Sun a month to do a club day ride. Either out to Cahaba WMA, Talladega NF or just backroads around cool areas.

Any ideas or suggestions?

We used to meet once a month. We also used to participate in various things including Cahabaque cook off, and various rides.

I'd be in for once a month.

Id like to ride at some point. Would like to be able to take my wife and kids. Never done it so id like to go with people that are patient and like kids ha :)

I'd be in for once a month.

Id like to ride at some point. Would like to be able to take my wife and kids. Never done it so id like to go with people that are patient and like kids ha :)

I gotchu. Well, lemme get over this cancer thing, and get the FZJ-buggy out of the hock (which is looking AMAZEballs BTW).

I'm digging this momentum from these new names! Thanks guys! Seriously! propose and do what you feel is necessary! We've had occasional good turnout over the years but nothing that lasted, so everyone here is open to new suggestions and ideas!

Can't wait to get well and meet some of ya'll!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom