Work Truck Build Up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ha ha, I was contemplating waiting till April fools and posting that I sold it, but I didn't, just taking truck down to welder who built a deck for one of our crew trucks seen here. I am going with a steel deck, not the aluminum we got on the dodge, and the rear will be a little different using 40 series tail lights and some checker plate. Will also get tilting deck, some minor add in stuff to make it look little more ute style, but not too crazy. Hoping to make it a simple deck. I just got tired of staring at it in the shop looking the same as it did over a year ago when I moved in, still finishing off the wall in the shop so I can weld in there, so figured this would get me a jump in the completion date seeing the deck would take me over a year to build and I will probably have it back after I get back from Mexico in 3 weeks. then I can continue on with the little things to keep things rolling so I can hopefully get it semi finished by next year. ;)
deck.JPG

Here is a sneak peak of what it looks like so far. A little bigger then I would have liked but it will work better as a work truck as it is a little bulky for a wheeler, but looks pretty good in person, will look nice when it is done and will be really functional.
IMG_0902.JPG

Gooseneck ball? That's gotta put this truck in a pretty exclusive club. :)

Yup gooseneck and hydraulic dump deck. Welder has been really good he builds lots of decks in Fort St. John and knows all the legal stuff about making sure the deck is legit. He built tilting deck for Rona and they got fined for not having a locking system for it (which he had to add after), so it has been good to have a professional that has gone through a few headaches before do this stuff as if I would have attempted it would have been scabbed together not so legit.

Ha ha, I must have rubbed off on him, cause he got to a point then stalled. Now he got busy and is trying to fit stuff in while he is busy. I probably didn't help that I paid him full amount cause he needed money to keep shop open, then I told him I am in no rush ;) As long as he is done by October though is soonest I will have time to work on it, right now it is summer garden, wheeling, get s*** done outside season! ;) Plus get ready for wedding ;) This is what it looks like right now for your inspiration ;) :
IMG_1008.JPG

IMG_1009.JPG

Thanks. that thing is built heavy but I guess it has to be for dump function. the flat bar side rails for tie downs is an interesting idea. Debating some changes to the deck on my mini, maybe just wait and see what works/doesn't before changing it.:beer:

IMG_9769a.jpg

Nice pickup martin, probably a lot easier for wood hauling then the trailer and cruisers ;) Yeah this will be a heavy deck. The side rails are nice as they are for tie downs and you can use 2X4 inserts for walls. we have it on our work truck and we slide in the ramps in the sides, comes in very handy. Most deck trucks and big trailers all run this system, my dad even has it on his truck.

Well, I got er back and hauled it home. Still a bunch to do but the majority is fabbed up! Turned out pretty decent.
IMG_1224.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

IMG_1225.JPG

IMG_1226.JPG

Got it unloaded and slid into the shop via a rachet strap as a brake. Now as snow approaches I can finish up organizing my shop and get back at this project. I should really set a goal of finish date so I am pushed more to work on it ;) And next time it is coming out of the shop, should be under it's own power ;)
IMG_1227.JPG

IMG_1229.JPG

IMG_1231.JPG

IMG_1233.JPG

Any progress

Ha ha, check out the farm thread ;) been organizing shop and bought welder, might get to it next winter if I am lucky ;)

Ha ha, I did a bit of welding on a mount for the rock sliders / side steps. Nothing big, but wife is leaving for school in a week for two months, so will be back to batching it and will be hopefully putting a lot of time into it. So if I don't give you any updates in a month, then feel free to pester me then ;)

Pester pester

Ha ha, yeah get back from dropping Amanda off in Missouri and didn't even get weekend off, had to go to work pipelining;) I will get to it though even if work tries to stop me ;) I did touch the truck last night. I pushed it back a little so I had a bit more room to pull the dodge in the shop to pull the tires on the dually to go get them sand blasted and powder coated ;)
Dodge is going to get a little love first as I need to get the new tires on, airbags for hauling hay and the mini hoe and few little touch ups ;)

Just so people don't think I am totally slacking, just about done this mod, will get on mine truck next and will be soon ;)
IMG_1114.JPG

IMG_1854.JPG

IMG_1860.JPG

IMG_1861.JPG

IMG_1874.JPG

I sort of got carried away, but I had to do the air bags cause as you can see hauling hay really squatted the back (plus those were with the overloads, since installing shackle reversal I lost my overloads so had tough time putting any big weight in the back), then the new tires needed powdercoated rims as I wasn't a fan of the chrome plastic hubcaps, then while I was waiting for powder coat, might as well build quick temp bumper since I already bought the winch.........Well at least now if I hit a deer I won't be pissed I smashed the front end as this should protect the truck well ;)
IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1181.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom