Work Truck Build Up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd rather not hit an elk or a moose, I much prefer them on my plate then in the ditch, but deer are like rats around here, never know when one will jump out and try to take out grill, lights and a fender ;)

Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.
I'd like a bullbar on my current rig.
The next landcruiser will have one again.

:cool:

20180405_183048.jpg

Nice Spy pic Martin ;) I always said a shop that would fit three trucks would be about perfect, and now that I have one, a 4 or 5 truck shop would be really perfect, as it gets a little tight with 3 trucks in there ;) Anyway finished up the bumper on the dodge this weekend pretty happy with how it turned out.
IMG_1917.JPG

IMG_1920.JPG

IMG_1927.JPG

Last edited:
And actually cleaned up shop, pushed mine truck forward and started a little work again on it. I am just cutting and rewelding the frame mounts I had built by Cruisin off road a few years ago as the 79 frame is just a hair wider then a 70 frame. I tried bending them previously but the bottoms still wouldn't slide on, so cut and re-weld it is, so much for saving time buying them made ;) My fault though I didn't measure and just got them built the same as a 70;)
IMG_1930.JPG

IMG_1929.JPG

Did a bit of work this weekend, it is tough to get started and motivated on this as it's been sitting so long, but just going to take it one step at a time ;)
IMG_1945.JPG

IMG_1943.JPG

IMG_1944.JPG

Are you going to add any welding to attach that, or just bolts through the top?
I know what you mean about getting back into it.

I did add a little gusset to the bracket, but nope, strictly bolt on, that is how Cruisin Off Road makes his sliders and he's built quite a few for 80 series around the fraser valley, people say they work really good, have rubbed a lot of rock on them ;) When I bolt it on it holds pretty good, heck even hand tight it does.

Yeah, I've seen Cruisin Off Roads stuff all over. I even met a guy in Lafayette, Louisiana who drove all the way
to Vancouver for bumpers and sliders for his 80. He was so proud of that truck and how it looked and worked.
Thanks, I met him at Cruiser Days a couple of years ago.
I like the slider idea, just trying to figure out how to make them lighter, and more a slider than bumper. Not sure
if that makes sense to you?

I did add a little gusset to the bracket, but nope, strictly bolt on, that is how Cruisin Off Road makes his sliders and he's built quite a few for 80 series around the fraser valley

I've got his sliders on my 74 and 81 (rear bumpers and skid plates as well), both have been well tested. No strength issues at all, they work great.

11 year build thread to date - impressive :D

Thanks Norm, I did take a bit of a break when I moved to the farm, but I am still moving forward if that counts for anything ;)

Hoping over the next few years I might get some more time for my hobbies, finish this thing and onto my next landcruiser project I have been talking about for ever and has even changed what I will be building it into a few times ;)

So I did a bit more this weekend, also pulled in the wagon to start getting it ready for May long wheeling, but figure I should keep somewhat rolling on this so I don't drop the ball again. Baby steps as I get back into it. ;)
IMG_1998.JPG

IMG_1999.JPG

IMG_2001.JPG

IMG_2002.JPG

IMG_2004.JPG

Didn't quite like the angle, so cut and re weld on the front part, then finish tacking it together. Then the tedious task of welding them all up, grind, flap sand, and 3M disk smooth flap scars. I finished up around 8 pm sunday with vibrating hands from the angle grinder ;) I think it will look good once all finished and painted black. Also will weld small flap on inside to help stop spray between fender and tube as my off set rims stick the tires out, this or some fender flares were needed to keep the truck road legit.
IMG_2005.JPG

IMG_2006.JPG

IMG_2007.JPG

IMG_2009.JPG

IMG_2010.JPG

So I didn’t do anything last year, but this corona virus thing has done wonders getting time to work on this thing.
Got passenger step and flare done
A7B9CB72-E2CF-4FA7-B8D6-9617A6372991.jpeg

20496C42-FDE1-4EE5-952C-5EE8282D1FB9.jpeg

72359B82-AC62-4C5F-BFA0-B20AF653AB41.jpeg

74FA7714-CB50-4AFE-8A1F-A2E571734F70.jpeg

Done front suspension bar mount done (been so long, I think 2011, don’t remember what it’s called)
3ECA7AB6-05E2-4E93-8D26-BDC71546E5E9.jpeg

FA19CC54-A018-42CB-BCE7-13015FD1EB60.jpeg

5FDFA4F6-CFBF-4B97-BD84-F2736748E398.jpeg

Working on front shock towers and mounts and fabbing front brake lines and such. So surprised on all the new and used parts I am finding in the shed I bought for this years ago!
FBC2C2BB-9E7D-4469-BEB4-6770CA098C0F.jpeg

E91C42BA-37D8-4A6D-962D-F2C9EB65186E.jpeg

With all em bars you could tie up 10 horses to that truck

🙋

How much did Amanda pay you to say that?

Just need to weld a squeeze on the back of the flat deck and you can tip them stubborn ones up with the dump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom