Cowl mounting bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im just about set to cut the rear 3/4 tub off and lift the cowl. Is there a trick to the 2 mounting bolts attaching e cowl. 1 snapped, and the cowl is free on that side. The other boot broke free, but just appears to be spinning in the bracket attached to the bottoms of the cowl. The bracket is pretty much rusted and I can't feel a nut inside. Was something welded I place and did he weld brake free? Any tips on what I should do?

Cut the head off the bolt and continue on. There was a nut plate welded there and it ppropably broke free of its spot welds.

Ok. That's what I figured. Not an easy cut for me without a torch. Bolt is up in that step bracket. I'll see if my grinder can reach. Is the bracket that had the spot weld replaceable? Mine are rusted to the point off disintegration.

Ok. That's what I figured. Not an easy cut for me without a torch. Bolt is up in that step bracket. I'll see if my grinder can reach. Is the bracket that had the spot weld replaceable? Mine are rusted to the point off disintegration.
Everything is replaceable. You are just not going to be able to find a new one so you will probably have to make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom