No ac no heat no blower 96 lx450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Part number is in the picture, and my finger pointing to where the two bolts that hold it in place are. Going to call toyota shortly and get a price, will update once new amplifier is in!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Part number is in the picture, and my finger pointing to where the two bolts that hold it in place are. Going to call toyota shortly and get a price, will update once new amplifier is in!

View attachment 1573671

View attachment 1573672
Buy a spray can of electronics cleaner and spray that "amplifier well while scrubbing softly but briskly with a soft toothbrush. Let dry and spray (wash down) again with the cleaner.

...Worked for me and some of us others (even on some ugly looking units) ...and the cost of a new one is better spent elsewhere if you can save the one you have.

Best-O-Luck.
GringoBob

First post here for me, but ive been watching for years. 97 fzj collectors edition. I have been having the exact same problem as the OP, and have jumped through all the same hoops. My rig if freezing and I'm ready to have some heat again. Finally pulled the A/C amplifier today...whoa!! It had water lines up an inch and a half. Tried the electronic cleaner and tooth brush and got it pretty well cleaned up, but like others, the R010 resistor is completely rotted out on one side, so I'm affraid it could be solder time.

Any updates on if the A/C amplifier clean up or new unit fixed the problem?

Chiming in, same exact problem here. Water got in my amplifier, attempting to clean and repair right now. I too found the old thread describing the water problem, got lucky and nailed my issue down in 15 mins of troubleshooting. Got lucky there!

@OtterKnowBetter @plaidwagon I’ve tried diagonising all the relays and fuses and other components related, all was good. I inspected the a/c amplifier with 3 connectors and the was a waterline in it and rust. I tracked a new unit down, installed and everything was working! I tried cleaning my old unit and had a techy repair some of the parts on the panel but it did not work. New amplifier is the key!

"Sigh"... I'm afraid that will be my issue as well. I'm going to try replacing that little resistor, but hopes are not high.

Has anyone found good prices on the A/C amplifier? It is a pricy little bugger from what I've found so far.

I'm going aftermarket as mine has been acting up but has no water damage and looks like new. I figure having a separate system tied in lets me predictably isolate this eventual headache with parts i know are still being manufactured and are serviceable.

I'm going aftermarket as mine has been acting up but has no water damage and looks like new. I figure having a separate system tied in lets me predictably isolate this eventual headache with parts i know are still being manufactured and are serviceable.

On that note, I'm absolutely going to open up a drain hole in the bottom of my new one and design some sort of Tupperware drip cap to reduce the chance of this happening again. There is a big square hole in the bottom of the housing, but it has nice shiny factory tape covering it...grrrr.

I have had several 80's and bought a 40th with the LX450 climate, not a fan. The drain holes (several and wd40 coating) have stopped the problem. Also the windshield leaks into that area. Get it glued in next time its replaced or pull it.

@OtterKnowBetter yes it sucks but I bit the bullet and it worked so I was happy. Paid 325$ for mine. They range 150-400$. Make sure you get pictures of the inside circuit board before buying online

Thanks for the info! Care to share your source for the aftermarket unit?

On mine, there's one pin that's rusted, and another area looks slightly corroded, but really, I'm shocked that it's giving me the same issue. How much was the replacement from Raddcruisers?

I've got the exact same problem. How did you finally resolve this issue ???
Thanks!
GringoBob
Did you ever figure out what was causing this issue? I have the same issue and for the life of me cannot figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom