Lx450 no start no click (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was in the process of removing the factory cell phone modules. In an effort to find a hot on wire at t8 and t9 (the plugs for the cell phone next to rear drivers side 3rd row kick panel) I turned the key on (no aux). I left it like that for maybe 15 minutes. Shut the job down for the night but won’t start. All lights in cab work. Radio works. No code. Checked ignition fuses on dash. Checked fusible links. All good. What gives? Any suggestions? I reconnected the connectors (t8 & 9) as well.

I was in the process of removing the factory cell phone modules. In an effort to find a hot on wire at t8 and t9 (the plugs for the cell phone next to rear drivers side 3rd row kick panel) I turned the key on (no aux). I left it like that for maybe 15 minutes. Shut the job down for the night but won’t start. All lights in cab work. Radio works. No code. Checked ignition fuses on dash. Checked fusible links. All good. What gives? Any suggestions? I reconnected the connectors (t8 & 9) as well.
What is your voltage across the battery?
Anything 12.5v or less is dead.
Check and clean battery terminals.
Do you have a CEL with the key in the RUN position?

It's very possible you fried the igniter. The 40 and 60 FSMs have caution notes about leaving the key on for more than a few seconds. I can't remember whether it's in the 80 FSM or not. I'd recommend checking the engine section for the ignition test procedures, to verify your igniter still works.

It's very possible you fried the igniter. The 40 and 60 FSMs have caution notes about leaving the key on for more than a few seconds. I can't remember whether it's in the 80 FSM or not. I'd recommend checking the engine section for the ignition test procedures, to verify your igniter still works.
If the 80 has it, I've never had an issue. I have left my key in the RUN position for hours because I forgot to move it after I released the steering wheel for something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom