Noodle Bowl (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After last weekends camping trip this would have been helpful, getting off late from work plus arriving at camp late (furthest we have camped from home) made for interesting selection of.... so do you want to make a quick stop at Subway, Panda Express or Taco Hell.

Gotta keep these ideas, any idea how long the packages last in storage?

images

My favorite is the Nongshim Neoguri Udon noodles. I think the regular packaged ones are worth the extra mess/effort. As for add-ons, for sure 1-2 eggs stirred up, thin slices of beef (i.e. shabu shabu) or Spam, chinese broccoli or baby boy choy, mushroom and maybe some kimchi make for an excellent quick dish. Oh, and Japanese or Korean beer. Ramen/noodles and beer go well together for some reason.
^^^This with a tin of smoked oysters thrown in and I'm good. And yes, only a sprinkle of the fla-va packet.

I have added can of organic chicken breast, even more salt. Personally I don't worry about the salt, I sweat enough camping to compensate.

I have added can of organic chicken breast, even more salt. Personally I don't worry about the salt, I sweat enough camping to compensate.

That's how i feel about organic food, just MEH! :)

I too discovered these bowls earlier this year and usually have a supply of them on hand at the house and when on trips. I hadn't even thought about adding eggs or meats to them. Usually I boil some water, make soup, then after I eat it the water is still hot enough to aeropress some coffee.

Another good one, along the same lines, is the oatmeal in a bowl. There usually just over a dollar at the store. Once again, boil water, use for bowl, then have enough left over for coffee.

Been searching for a gluten free version of these.... spent an hour at a local oriental store with no luck. Anyone?

You gotta go camping with me...

I did 35 bs. of wings on the last night of the MAOF.....slacker

:lol:

That's how i feel about organic food, just MEH! :)
Try this simple experiment:
Dump some plain old corn meal on an ant hill. On another ant hill dump some organic corn meal.
Observe the results.

Been searching for a gluten free version of these.... spent an hour at a local oriental store with no luck. Anyone?
Tasty Bites makes a lot of gluten free stuff I keep a few pouches in my desk for when I don't have time to pack a lunch or go out.
http://tastybite.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQj...AVkthnPqzTr2lTGKFolLXmqk9SNQdVQcaAhHfEALw_wcB

Thai Kitchen makes a gluten free noodle soup, I have been eating these for a long time.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Thai-Kit...75035&wl11=online&wl12=10849428&wl13=&veh=sem

Stir in a heaping spoonful of peanut butter and some type of hotsauce. Makes what I call a peanut sauce. Of course the egg and meat/vegetables go in also.

Pack it gourmet

Packit Gourmet

They have tons of freeze-dried veggies and meat, anything you can imagine to add to packet of noodles. Also instant potatoes work really well to.

Lex

Tried these over the weekend in YNP...

Dang they are really good....!!!
Found it at my local Costco...
20180220_154808.jpg

Actually, made some Ramen from scratch today. 7 lbs of bones to make 18 cups of broth. Not quite instant but could be heated up quite fast if everything was cooked/prepared ahead of time.

IMG_3174.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom