Spare tire won't lower. How to fix? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, he reminded me tonight but guessing they are same...if not he will get that too just in case...guessing you mean the key that fits into the lowering device...not a proper lock.

Yes, I just received it and am going to install tonight. The first thing I checked was the "key". Sure enough, they are different. I really thought they would be the same. Thanks for sending me the key! I'll post pics of the different keys tonight.

Did it arrive yet for you...went out 2 Day on Monday...so hoping you got it today or in morning at very latest. Let me know...

wow...Lexus took the key security serious. I wonder how many combinations there were....wonder if that was your problem...wrong key rather than stripped out receiver.

Glad you got it...you should be cooking with gas now....5 minute install and you are done!

Merry Christmas.

Good to see some Christmas Cheer on the MUD group!!

That was my first thought too. I checked my key and it was the correct fit. The mechanism was just frozen with corrosion. The replacement works like new!

wow...Lexus took the key security serious. I wonder how many combinations there were....wonder if that was your problem...wrong key rather than stripped out receiver.

Glad you got it...you should be cooking with gas now....5 minute install and you are done!

Merry Christmas.

Makes me wonder if mine will work with Michigan salt chewing the s*** out of everything under the truck.

I missed your post Brett. You could have had mine since I don't need it anymore (key included).

Does anyone else have a winch lying around they don’t want? I’ll pay for it! Just had to cut the cable on the spare tire winch on my 2006.

Should I start a new thread to ask?

I recommend replacing it with a simple LC model (no locking key). It uses a big coat hangar like hooked end in a big rectangular slot. Is it possible that your "key" is not fitting into the grooves correctly? If you want to lock the LC model, it can be padlocked to the wheel.

Is there a part number you can post for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom