BJ73 ARB Bumper Winch Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fantic

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys I just bought a 1985 BJ73 with an ARB winch bumper. I have a Warn 8274 that I was thinking about pulling off my 40. I also have a spare M8000 in the garage. According to the ARB website it says that the 8274 will fit. But to me it looks like I will have to cut one of the light tabs off to make it fit. Does anyone have this combo? Also what is everyone doing for recovery points on the front of their 70 series?

It would be great if you can post a photo of the bumper that you have, as I know some people make fit other ARB bumper models into the 70-series. But, if your truck has the ARB designed specifically for the 70-series, then the 8274 winch will fit. You will not need to cut the light tabs or anything at all. I agree that the right tab (on the right side of the vehicle) will be super close to the winch, but it will not interfere with anything. You can install any light size you want and it will clear the winch no problem.

ARB 8274.jpg
lcdelmes_sep_2003-02.jpg

As far as recovery points, you should look for something frame mounted as the ARB bumper itself is rather thin and will not support anything bolting to it if you need a strong recovery point. There are some commercial options floating around to solve this.

Hope this helps!

-Alberto

Thanks. This is the only pic of the bumper I have with me. The 8274 is about 4 inches wider than the bolt hole on the left in the picture. And if I remember 7 inches up. That will be close to the bracket. It should work. Just looking for confirmation before I take it off of the 40. I guess the recovery points go inside the square holes in the bumper and attach to the frame. Can you give me some recommendation on the points?

BJ73 Bumper.jpg

Take the bumper off, put it on a bench and then see what you have. You'll need 9" from the inside of the
mounting plate forward to the lower valance for clearance. Otherwise, it's not unusual to have to trim/cut
to make something fit. Just put it on the bench and take a look.

Tights good; little bit of grinding but looks like a good fit. Nice rig!

Hulsty - What strange magic do you have going on there where the clutch knob used to be? I'd love to hear about how you got the bar on the back as well.

Hulsty - What strange magic do you have going on there where the clutch knob used to be? I'd love to hear about how you got the bar on the back as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom