Warn 9.5 xp-s and ARB bumper install help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm mounting my winch to the ARB with ARB's spacer kit. Looks like the motor side still hits the back of the bumper by about a 1/16". Anyone else run into this and having to add another 1/8" or so to the spacer kit?

Also, the control box mounting bracket is different than the instructions and videos I've seen...not sure how this thing is supposed to be oriented or mounted. Anyone have any pics or procedures/videos I can reference. I can't seem to find anything.

You can see the motor hitting the back of the bumper with both spacer kit pieces inserted. The last picture shows one of the mounts that can be oriented towards the spool. I've got a piece of 1/8" aluminum stock that I'm going to use to help space it out a little more so no big deal I guess.

tempImageFPrS7J.png

tempImageggyTKO.png

tempImageUm04K6.png

tempImageMbdVuL.png

Last edited:
The real conundrum is the mounting brackets. Not sure how these are supposed to work correctly.

The mount can also be oriented away from the spool. The odd part is the relocation bracket that comes with the kit can be used in a couple different ways but also forces the control box to be turned sideways when mounted because of the direction of the screws protruding out of the bottom of the control box.

It would be nice of there were proper directions with the correct parts instead of guessing.

tempImageR0lhJd.png

tempImagefxwAek.png

tempImageuZ0ioN.png

tempImagel47wea.png

tempImageG6xaqA.png

Nevermind! Now I'm feeling stupid! I just happened upon a thread after looking everywhere last night...just found this one, showing how to mount the control box on the back side of the license plate mount area with the supplied bracket!

Controler Mount.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom